Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Everything Phatty.
clegg

Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Post by clegg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am

My synths are all controlled by my MPC2000xl (which is used as the master clock). I'm trying to use my microkorg's arpeggiator rather that of the SP.
It works, but the problem is that when I use the MKs arpeggiator and sends notes to the SP, for some reason it auomatically starts the SP's internal arp (so I basically have 2 arpeggiators running) and it sounds all messed up.
Im figuring something (mpc or mk) is sending info to the SP to engage the arp. But I don't know what or how to disable it.
Any ideas?

Rbwduece

Re: Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Post by Rbwduece » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:57 am

I noticed this problem when I would control the SP with my Sub 37, but discovered that turning the Sub 37's appegiator speed knob all the way down disables the arp on the SP. Therefore, I didn't need to dive through the manual. Not sure if there's a shortcut with the gear you're using. I'd say hit up the SP manual.

Rabalder

Re: Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Post by Rabalder » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:17 am

Sounds like the problem lies on the MPC side. You should check the MPC manual and see what kind of MIDI its sending out when engaging the arp. I would think there is some sort of setting in the menu to turn this of. Im not familiar with the MPC though..