Rekon Phatty editor problem: SOLVED!

Everything Phatty.
rickreid

Rekon Phatty editor problem: SOLVED!

Post by rickreid » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 am

I've been struggling off-and-on for years (!) to get the standalone version of the Rekon Phatty editor/librarian to work properly with my Slim Phatty and my PC. With the price of the Slim Phatty dropping since its discontinuation, I recently bought two more, so that I could have 3-note polyphony. This rekindled my interest in getting the Rekon software to work. I thought I remembered getting it to work in the past, but I couldn't remember how. After fiddling with the software and synth settings for hours and hours this week, I have given up on ever getting the standalone software to work. However, I did remember the workaround I had stumbled upon before. I loaded the vst plug-in version of the rekon software into a donation-ware program called VSTHost. It is available at: http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

This solution allows the editor to be used with the Slim Phatty's USB midi port - something the standalone rekon software couldn't do. All software functions seem to be working as they should. If you have been looking for a way to get this software to work with your Slim Phatty, give VSTHost a try.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

rickreid

Re: Rekon Phatty editor problem: SOLVED!

Post by rickreid » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:30 am

After further experimentation with this combination of the rekon Phatty editor and VSTHost, I've found that the previously discussed "get patch" bug remains a problem.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

BrufordRules

Re: Rekon Phatty editor problem: SOLVED!

Post by BrufordRules » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:00 am

I got the editor too but I never use it. It has not been updated for years so it doesn't have the new features of the last firmware and the known issues are still there. I bought it very cheap from another user but even so it was a waste of money.