URGENT! problems with preset littlephatty

Everything Phatty.
INKY

URGENT! problems with preset littlephatty

Post by INKY » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Hello friends,

Earlier today I was doing control changes for my live setup with a moog little phatty and ableton through CV. I turned my moog on tonight and somehow, the cursor is only changing the numbers, not the names of the presets. And even worst, it isn`t making any kind of sound. Did i delete all my presets while doing the control change? What could have happened? Can I restore them somehow?
I have a big gig in 2 days and I`m totally desperate!!! Please help!

Stuka

Re: URGENT! problems with preset littlephatty

Post by Stuka » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 am

Try powering up your LP without any other cables (MIDI, USB, etc.) attached ~
slight chance you might have a cable grounding or signal feedback issue causing problems.
(I've learned to "never say never" when it comes to weird issues that can occur because of faulty cables and feedback loops!!)

If all else fails, try a factory reset per the user manual.
You would lose any custom presets, but hopefully you have those backed up to your computer.

You mentioned you were using CV -
What is your CV source, and what voltage levels are you sending to the LP?

Most modern Moog gear is designed to work with 5V CV signals...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

INKY

Post by INKY » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks dude!
Couldn`t find a way out and I did the factory reset. We didn`t have the timbers saved and we have been working on them since then. Quite a lesson, though...always save your bleeping sounds!

check us out!
soundcloud.com/inkyghost

cheers from brazil

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:39 am

Oww, sorry to read that. You know what? Lesson learnt for me as well: it's been a while since I did a back up of my LP's patches. I'm definitely making one today :)

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:38 am

Glad you're up & running again ~
Sucks about having to recreate your presets, but probably a good lesson learned for several of us!!

Good luck with the gig!! :D
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:34 pm

This happened to me once, it was because Local was OFF, as soon as I turned it back ON it worked perfectly.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:30 am

Sooo....

Yesterday, I switched on my beloved LP to make a back up and run a calibration routine.
I made, as usual, two back ups: all presets and a bulk dump. Then I ran the calibration and swoitched it off.

This morning, I got the exact same symptoms as Inky: only the numbers changes, not the name, plus no sound and reduced panel control. The only connections I had were audio out and the power cord. I switched off and on, nothing. Tried the master reboot just in case, nothing.

At this stage, I was glad I met Inky :) Loaded the all presets sysex: nothing. I came here to remind me how that was solved and did the factory reset: OK, SOUND!!

Then I loaded the all presets sysex again: OK PRESETS!!

But I had perform sets too, and those were not taken into account. So I tried the bukl dump loading: EVERYTHING IS IN ITS RIGHT PLACE, as one says :)

I just wonder wehther the calibration is part of the bulk dump data. I think not but...?

INKY

Post by INKY » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:36 am

Wow dude, im glad things worked out for you
As for inky,we worked all week on the sounds and we finally have 95% of them back again. We are having problems with finding one specific preset that had an arpeg in it but its fine, our new sounds are as cool, if not better, then the original ones.
About the auto calibration, i never did it but heard a lot about it. should i do it every once a year? What are the benefits? It tunes the oscillators and thats it?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Thaks, sorry for the delay.

I'm glad you guys found out even better sounds :) Sometimes, solving the problem is more valuable than not having had it!

Calibration tunes your oscillators with respect to MIDI notes, indeed, plus the oscillator 2 frequency with respect to the oscillator 1's and the pulse width.
I do it once or twice a year, without havong a huge need of it since things are not going out of tune.