CTRL4

Everything Phatty.
ziggomatic

CTRL4

Post by ziggomatic » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello!

It's probably a newbie question but i don't care lol.

Maybe i miss something but there's one thing in the manual that i don't understand for CRTL4. How can we assigned the destination for it? Does it control the same destination that we choose from the panel also?. I hope i'm clear :)

thanks! :)

Bald Eagle

Re: CTRL4

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:52 pm

It's another controller for modulation depth like Mod Wheel, Velocity and Aftertouch. Originally it was fixed as Breath Controller but now you have a few other choices for the source. You don't explicitly assign CTRL4 to its own destination. It's part of the combined effect of all the mod controllers multiplied together. I don't think you have the option to sum them yet although I remember summing being discussed as a future option.

deanross

Re: CTRL4

Post by deanross » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 am

What I really like about CTRL 4 is a tip I got on the forum from Demon Dan. If for example I'm assigning the Mod Wheel at 100% to a destination such as vibrato, and I find that pushing the MW up even a little bit results in more vibrato than I'm after, I then apply a percentage to CTRL 4 which results in the MW having a lesser effect (rather than reducing the MW percentage down from 100%.) What I'll typically do is leave the MW at a position to approximately where I will be pushing it and then adjust the CTRL 4 percentage to taste.
DKR