Using foot bass pedalboard with little phatty etc.

Everything Phatty.
lushr

Using foot bass pedalboard with little phatty etc.

Post by lushr » Sat May 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Hey guys,

So I may have mentioned I'm super dumb when it comes to midi. And the thrill I got the other day when my Korg microsampler was triggering my newly midi'd monotribe was almost embarrassing!

Anyway I came across a Hammond XPK-100 midi pedal board for a steal and I've always wanted to run my little phatty with some.

So changing midi channels on the phatty or the pedalboard are both fine.

But there are preset buttons on the pedal board and it'd be nice to for example cycle through presets/patches on the LP with it. In fact there seems to be a whole bunch of features, but even with the manual I'm having trouble discerning what is or isn't possible with a non-Hammond.

I've attached an image of the device and the midi channel thing.

Any educated guesses to set me on the right path of what I can and cannot expect it to do would be appreciated.

Anyone else tried hooking up a pedal board to a phatty?
image.jpg
image.jpg

MoogProg

Re: Using foot bass pedalboard with little phatty etc.

Post by MoogProg » Sat May 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Seems possible.

From the chart, it looks like it sends out Notes (polyphonically), as well as Program Change messages, and Volume level (in steps—see chart). The big question is if the Pedal board itself has presets you can save, to send out what you want/when you want it. I don't know the answer to that, but the manual might help you.

Good luck!

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat May 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Based on the graphics on the panel, it will send an increment/decrement (up/down) patch number, or go into a mode where you can tap in a patch # specifically. E.g. if you want patch 97, you would enter some mode button (likely control), and then stomp an "A" followed by a "G".

Looks capable enough. The manual is your friend ...
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

lushr

Post by lushr » Sat May 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Hmmm thanks guys! I'll start testing, if I'm stuck I might ask advice! It's not clear in the manual (unsurprisingly) whether all the features will work with a non-Hammond.