Found a little display bug in FW 1.1

Everything Phatty.
bernard

Found a little display bug in FW 1.1

Post by bernard » Wed May 13, 2015 1:16 pm

When pressing and holding the mod(1 or 2)dest.button and moving the cutoff pot, the modulation submenu shows: "PGM DST: rtcht ct", instead of "PGM: cutoff". Btw, "Cutoff" isn't on the PGM DST list.
However, increasing the modulation amount, one can hear the filter (cutoff) modulation. (Although it sounds a little bit different to the separate filter modulation amount knob)
At the moment you change the PGM DST back and forth to "rtcht ct" via the cursor keys or the tune pot, the mod destination really changes to ratchet count.

Best to reproduce with a little sequence with some notes ratched and some modulation on the same steps.
Oh, and it happens on both modulation paths.

Can someone confirm?

cheers,
Bernard

m10k

Re: Found a little display bug in FW 1.1

Post by m10k » Wed May 13, 2015 4:23 pm

I think I remember reading a post by Amos a week or two ago that this was a known issue? I may be mistaken though. Also, there's no need for a Cutoff destination because it already has a dedicated knob, right?

bernard

Post by bernard » Wed May 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Thanks m10k.
If Amos knows already, the much the better.
m10k wrote:... Also, there's no need for a Cutoff destination because it already has a dedicated knob, right?
Thats right.
So the bug is really a feature, to quickly assign the modulation to ratchet count?
Not a bad idea.
But the destination should also be switched, not only displayed. So this *feature* still has a little bug ;-)

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Thu May 14, 2015 12:38 pm

be sure also that in your preset, there is truely no modulation of the cutoff filter value. The filter cutoff mod pot can point at 0, but the preset truly is higher/lower than that. Let's try to turn the knob from lowest to highest then put it back to 12 o'clock to be sure you override whatever value there is in your preset for the filter cutoff mod intensity.

I hope you understand me :-).

All the best,

Greg

bernard

Post by bernard » Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 am

GregVDS wrote:I hope you understand me :-)
Well, Greg, honestly, no. :)
I know what you are talking about. But I don't see the relation to the bug.
There's nothing wrong with the filter cutoff modulation, neither selected by a mod bus nor in conjuction with the dedicated filter mod knob.

I would like to know what you (all) prefer when selecting the mod destination by pressing and holding the mod dest button and moving the cutoff pot:
- a second cutoff modulation (like it is now) or
- the ratchet count modulation (like it is displayed now)

I also would like to know, which possibility was intended by moog. Amos?

thanks,
Bernard

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Fri May 15, 2015 3:13 am

My bad Bernard. I didn't quite read you thoroughly enough :-). Sorry.

I'll check what you explain tonight.

Greg