midi goes crazy and arp wants to stay on , ableton

Everything Phatty.
yogaflamemusic

midi goes crazy and arp wants to stay on , ableton

Post by yogaflamemusic » Tue May 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi, i did the update recently and it said it was successful. Used the auto loader for the first time, so now im not sure if it was that or the update..
For some reason, ill open ableton and the sub 37 in usb mode goes crazy.. i mean push a key and its in arp modes plus you cant take it off arp or latch and when you do take it off it still keeps playing in arp mode.
light wont go off and midi is flashing fast red or slow red.. never had this issue prior to update .. anyone else know how to fix this? I close ableton and opened after and before and re booted sub 37 and usb cords.. now the sounds hold the notes forever .

as soon as I close ableton, the moog sub 37 is perfectly fine, so im thinking it may be ableton.. I dont think ill ever get a proper sync.. Also, the tempo does not change the sound in the moog at all, not sure why.. ill change the tempo in ableton and it does nothing to the sound in moog. Thanks

gian77

Re: midi goes crazy and arp wants to stay on , ableton

Post by gian77 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:13 am

Hi,

Especialy if MIDI light is flashing, it could be a MIDI loop back :idea:
Things you do on the synth go to the DAW and come back to the synth creating unpredictable behaviour ... maybe you can use the local off mode or change MIDI settings in Live to be sure.
Sub 37 (FW 1.2.0 / 1.0.1), Minitaur (FW 2.2.2 / 3.3.0), MF-Drive & MF-Delay
Ableton Live 11 on macOS Big Sur v11.2.3

pb21

Post by pb21 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:20 am

Ive separated my devices into different channels and now the moog sub, bass station 2, volcas and tr8 live happily with ableton and push. I am no expert but as previous poster said the midi light flashing red is the clue to a midi looping back.

evileye

Post by evileye » Wed May 13, 2015 9:14 am

pb21 wrote:Ive separated my devices into different channels and now the moog sub, bass station 2, volcas and tr8 live happily with ableton and push. I am no expert but as previous poster said the midi light flashing red is the clue to a midi looping back.
Channnels SHOULDN'T have mattered, in this case, because the Sub37 has a dedicated MIDI port. It sure sounds like you have a loopback issue. Ableton's signal routing is pretty flexible. That makes it easy to mess things up.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:37 pm

As mentioned before, turn LOCAL MODE OFF and see if that helps.

yogaflamemusic

Post by yogaflamemusic » Thu May 14, 2015 7:11 pm

thanks I removed the control surface area under preferences in ableton, and it actually worked :)
not sure why, then I put on the sync and it worked .. Thanks for the help.. I will also try the local control off, I did that, but then it turned off all sounds..
its fixed for now :) sometimes Im guessing you dont need it up at the top using the mackie control...

anyone figure out how to get bpm set to ableton master tempo?
Cause when i change arp the temp changed on the moog, but in ableton stays the same..
I really wish they put more detailed fine tuning numbers on the arp dial for bpm.. I cant dial in any of my fav bpms lol
125, 128, 130 cant figure out the bpm notches lol