How to use SEQ Mod only?

Everything Phatty.
Backbeatdeano

How to use SEQ Mod only?

Post by Backbeatdeano » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Hey peeps. So V 1.1! Yay! Good job Amos! What I could really do with is some kind of, "here are the new features, and here's how to use them". At the moment I'm trawling the manual but not having much luck finding the new bits to play around with.

Anywho...I'd like to use the step sequencer just as modulation. So I can fire off the cutoff in a rhythmical fashion, but without it playing any notes. So you basically play the keyboard normally but have the SEQ playing just the mod.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Bit lost at the moment!

Cheers now!
Dean

Bald Eagle

Re: How to use SEQ Mod only?

Post by Bald Eagle » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 am

I haven't had a chance to try it yet so I don't know if this is the best way but if each step is entered as a REST then I think only the MOD SEQ should play when you run the sequencer. I was hoping for some special play mode where notes were disabled but can't find any info about that.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 am

Backbeatdeano wrote:I'd like to use the step sequencer just as modulation. So I can fire off the cutoff in a rhythmical fashion, but without it playing any notes. So you basically play the keyboard normally but have the SEQ playing just the mod.
Hi Dean,

Page 41 of the new 1.1 manual:

SEQUENCER (PRESET EDIT 1.2)
SEQ MOD ONLY

When set to ON, this parameter prevents the sequencer from playing notes, but continues transmission of sequence mod values. It effectively turns your sequencer into a 1-64 step modulation source. The default is OFF.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Backbeatdeano

Post by Backbeatdeano » Fri May 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Nice cheers Dan! Is it me though or is Filter Cutoff not a Mod Dest?

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Fri May 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Backbeatdeano wrote:Nice cheers Dan! Is it me though or is Filter Cutoff not a Mod Dest?
Filter Cutoff is one of the permanent Mod Destinations in the Mod section called FILTER AMT along with PITCH AMT so its one of the quickest to use as no need to assign!

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri May 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi ChiLam,

Given that the thread has SEQ MOD in the title, I'm pretty sure he's asking about Filter Cutoff as a SEQUENCE MOD DST, not a MOD 1/2 DEST as you're describing.
Backbeatdeano wrote:Is it me though or is Filter Cutoff not a Mod Dest?
Hi Backbeatdeano,

It's you. :)

F CUTOFF is the second-to-last choice at the end of the list of MOD DST in PRESET EDIT / SEQUENCER.
Last edited by _DemonDan_ on Fri May 01, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Backbeatdeano

Post by Backbeatdeano » Fri May 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Dang! Haha. Cheers man. Yeh kinda assumed because it wasn't with the other filter bits at the beginning it wasn't there. ✌️