We're the LP update issues ever truly delt with?

Everything Phatty.
weemac

We're the LP update issues ever truly delt with?

Post by weemac » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:08 am

Hi all!
Well my voyager is gone but I'm thinking of getting another little Phatty (I kind of liked the sound more)
I have my eye on a tribute but I'm wondering if the upgrade hell leaving a trail of lobotomised phattys was ever resolved or is it still a crapshoot?
I'd be wary of upgrading if there is a high chance of creating more work debugging it..

Eden.

DonutDude

Re: We're the LP update issues ever truly delt with?

Post by DonutDude » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 am

Not sure what you are referring to. I've done two updates on my LP Stage with no problems whatsoever. A lot of times you'll see posts here regarding problems that end up being just user error. I've seen a lot of issues with the sub37, but not the LP. It's a great synth - last one Bob Moog designed - history there. :)

ozfunghi

Post by ozfunghi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:41 am

DonutDude wrote:Not sure what you are referring to. I've done two updates on my LP Stage with no problems whatsoever. A lot of times you'll see posts here regarding problems that end up being just user error. I've seen a lot of issues with the sub37, but not the LP. It's a great synth - last one Bob Moog designed - history there. :)
There is definitely a nasty bug in the arpeggiator since the update (never had the issue before, and now it will occur at least once every half hour), which stalls for a fraction of a second. It's not too big an issue for studio work, but for live sets, i can imagine it being very frustrating. There are a lot of people that have complained about it here on the forum, i also sent an e-mail to Amos, so i'm confident Moog is aware of the problem... but it's been so long now, so i doubt they will ever address it.

weemac

Post by weemac » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:27 am

I was referring to the crash whilst doing the firmware update. I think the story was not to update from version one to version three without going via version two. I'm only wanting the noise as modulation and arpegeggator so I may not have to go the full way with an upgrade...

Eden.

ozfunghi

Post by ozfunghi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:11 am

weemac wrote:I was referring to the crash whilst doing the firmware update. I think the story was not to update from version one to version three without going via version two. I'm only wanting the noise as modulation and arpegeggator so I may not have to go the full way with an upgrade...

Eden.
Not sure about noise, but the arpeggiator was present in V2, and it worked without the bug. On the other hand, in V2 you had to manually activate each patch individually in the advanced preset menu to enable the arpeggiator for that preset. In V3, the arpeggiator is on by default for every patch (just have to activate it by pressing the menu knob down). The menu structure has also greatly been improved in V3. But like i said... there is that bug.