LP STAGE II MIDI PROBLEMS

Everything Phatty.
GarrisonRanger

LP STAGE II MIDI PROBLEMS

Post by GarrisonRanger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi – I have just bought a second hand Moog Little Phatty stage II and I am having problems getting it to connect to anything, I have gone through my Midi setup menu to try to set the midi in and out to DIN/USB – sadly I do not even have the MIDI SETUP section on my menu – all I have is a SEND CC’s – so I have no option to make any changes. I have also tried to connect to my DAW using the USB but I get a warning telling me that the LP is unrecognisable. I have also connected my midi in and out cables to my Scarlett interface but nothing gets sent or received.
I have checked the firmware and I am using 3.12 680 ….so I think its all up to date. I am using Live 9 as my DAW and have no other issues with any of my other external synths – just this one.
Has anyone got any ideas how I can get this sorted, I have also run a reboot and a return to factory settings on the LP …..no joy.
Can anyone help me?

Ledbetter

Re: LP STAGE II MIDI PROBLEMS

Post by Ledbetter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:22 pm

In Master Mode, the 4th page of the MIDI menu is the USB/DIN page. See page 32 of the manual. Default is both USB and DIN, so there may be other issues, like MIDI Channel. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Welcome.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

GarrisonRanger

Post by GarrisonRanger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:38 am

Thanks Ledbetter – I will take any advice right now. Sadly I do not even have a USB/DIN on the 4th page – all I have is SEND CC’s on the 4th page and I have been all over the place trying to locate the USB/DIN menu without any luck. I can change the MIDI channels and I have tried every one of them. This LP hasn’t been used for the last 3 years and the previous owner has told me that he ran midi through its USB and never had an issue but its been that long since he used it he couldn’t be sure….rebooting and restoring factory settings doesn’t seem to have had any effect either.

ozfunghi

Post by ozfunghi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:19 am

GarrisonRanger wrote:rebooting and restoring factory settings doesn’t seem to have had any effect either.
That's unfortunate, because i bought a second hand Slim Phatty last month, also thought it was defect. Didn't want to send/receive any midi. I checked all the settings one by one and compared it to my Little Phatty... to no avail, because they were identical. Finally did a factory reset and it worded since then. I started to think if the guy wanted to sell it because he thought it was defect :)

I hope you get it to work, seems like a software issue, so i guess it should be fixable. Contact tech support.

GarrisonRanger

Post by GarrisonRanger » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:26 am

Sure - will contact tech support and fingers crossed - I feel that its a software issue too - its a pain for sure. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me on this.

Kaasa

Post by Kaasa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 am

Thanks Ledbetter – I will take any advice right now. Sadly I do not even have a USB/DIN on the 4th page – all I have is SEND CC’s on the 4th page and I have been all over the place trying to locate the USB/DIN menu without any luck. I can change the MIDI channels and I have tried every one of them. This LP hasn’t been used for the last 3 years and the previous owner has told me that he ran midi through its USB and never had an issue but its been that long since he used it he couldn’t be sure….rebooting and restoring factory settings doesn’t seem to have had any effect either.

I am having the same problem, and it hasn't resolved itself with restoring to factory defaults.

Did you get it resolved?

kloo

Post by kloo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:01 am

Hi I have the same issue. If someone can help us...
thx

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Guys, I think that you have to locate in the manual where you can tell your synth to send/receive MIDI through DIN and/or USB.

Tell us how i goes then :)

kloo

Post by kloo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:35 pm

I have the user manual with me, and I check page 58: Appendix À - MASTER MODE Menu Tree.

I can see in the manual:

Midi setup
1 - All notes off
2 - Local cntrl: on
3 - Midi in:Din/usb
4 - Midi out:din/usb

Midi merge
5 - usb in: none
6 - din in: none

Midi setup
7 - Poly: off

This is what I see in my Midi menu in my LP st2

Midi setup
1 - All notes off
2 - Local cntrl: on
3 - Midi merge: on
5 - Poly: off

And that's all.

My firmware is v.2.2 593

Help....

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:07 pm

kloo wrote: 3 - Midi in:Din/usb
The Manual wrote:The third page of the MIDI Setup menu allows you to select the MIDI input connection. Since the LP Stage II offers both MIDI DIN and USB connections, several input options are possible. To specify the MIDI input connection, use the CURSOR button to highlight the input selection, then use the VALUE knob to select the desired input.
Values: NONE, DIN, USB, DIN/USB; the default is DIN/USB

kloo

Post by kloo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:22 am

You did not read my post.

There are two parts in my last post.

In the first part I tell you that I've read the manual and that I've found the page you are talking about.
And I have listed all the midi options to tell you: "Ok man, I agree with you, me too, I have read this page in the user manual"

In the second part I have listed what are the midi options available in my LP st2, and if you take the Time to read all the post, you will see that in my LP st2 some midi options are missing.

Thank you for your time.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:24 am

@kloo yes, that might be the problem.

You should install the latest firmware: https://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default ... Update.zip
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

kloo

Post by kloo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Ok thank you I'll check that next week.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:52 pm

My apologies Kloo. I read your post but did not understand your point and thought you might have forgotten anything.

As said before, the latest firmware may be your salvation; I hope you'll manage to solve that. Keep us informed :)

kloo

Post by kloo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:39 am

Hi, so I've an other issue.

I can't put my LP st2 to Bootloader mode.
I followed the instructions as written below:

" 1. Start with the power switched off. Press and hold the MASTER button; while holding down MASTER, switch on the power. On the Slim Phatty LCD screen you should see the message “Update Firmware? PRESET=Yes”. "

But the LP boot normaly and the message: “Update Firmware? PRESET=Yes” don't appear...

My little phatty version is 2.21S.

is there an other way to put my LP to Bootloader mode?

Thank you for your time. :D