MIDI Issue ABLETON & SLIM PAHTTY WHITE

Everything Phatty.
thirdwavesociety

MIDI Issue ABLETON & SLIM PAHTTY WHITE

Post by thirdwavesociety » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 am

Hi
I am the happy new owner of a Moog Slim Phatty white edition, updated to the latest firmwire.
I am having a little issue with ableton and my MIDI setup of the Slim Phatty.
Basically all of my setup is based around ableton and some Hardware, the issue I am having is that everytime i press something on my APC 40 controller it send a midi message to the MOOG, like a program change or something like that. It basically changes some parameters whitin the MOOG patch and it basically stops playing the notes I'm sending into it.

Here is my setup:

Ableton==>> AKAI MPK25 (Midi out)==>> (MIDI IN) ROLAND TR08 (MIDI OUT)==>> (MIDI IN ) ELEKTRON MACHINEDRUM (MIDI OUT) ==>> MIDI SPLITTER ==>>> (MIDI IN) MOOG SLIM PHATTY and other synths
And I control ableton with an AKAI APC40 connected via USB.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out! maybe the mighty Amos from Moog has an explanation to this... :D

Thacks

Michele

hellion102792

Re: MIDI Issue ABLETON & SLIM PAHTTY WHITE

Post by hellion102792 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi, it sounds like you are having a problem in a similar vein to mine. When I use my LP with MIDI via FL Studio, activating transport in the program resets the oscillator 2 frequency to 12:00. I realized that what causes this is that upon transport, FL Studio sends a MIDI message via CC #10 (Channel panning in FL, which is at 12:00). CC #10 on the LP is the osc2 frequency control.

So it sounds like you're having a similar issue, where one of you devices is sending an errant CC message to the LP that is effecting certain parameters. Do you have everything on a separate MIDI channel? It's possible the LP is on the same channel as another piece of hardware, and is receiving the same MIDI messages, though interpreting them to fit its own CC layout.

JuanSOLO

Re: MIDI Issue ABLETON & SLIM PAHTTY WHITE

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:07 pm

APC40's send on channels 1-9, back and fourth to Live.
Use channels 10-16 to avoid conflict.