CV Mapping Empowers DUO Mode!

Everything Phatty.
_DemonDan_

CV Mapping Empowers DUO Mode!

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi Gang,

While there may someday be even more ways to do this, the next Sub 37 update's CV MAPPING feature will allow you to use a Sustain Pedal in the GATE IN jack to control the OSC 2 ON parameter.

Depending on whether you use a Normally Open (N.O.) or Normally Closed (N.C.) pedal, you'll be able to turn OSC 2 ON or OFF at will.

This is a reasonable solution for those who don't want OSC 2 to join OSC 1 when you go from playing two notes to only playing one note. Simply use the Sustain Pedal to make OSC 2 sound only when you want it to.

If you don't already own one, now is the time to get a Sustain Pedal that has a N.O./N.C. switch, 'cause you're going to want one right after you install the next update for this and many other GATE IN destinations!
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

mmarsh100

Re: CV Mapping Empowers DUO Mode!

Post by mmarsh100 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:33 am

Great tip, Dan :) Another cool thing I did was map Filter CV In to Filter poles and swept that with an expression pedal. Pretty damn cool.

BrufordRules

Post by BrufordRules » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 am

I think CV mapping is one of the greatest improvements in the new firmware but, does anybody know if the CV to MIDI conversion works internally at 7-bit or 14-bit?

Thanks in advance.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 am

BrufordRules wrote:I think CV mapping is one of the greatest improvements in the new firmware but, does anybody know if the CV to MIDI conversion works internally at 7-bit or 14-bit?
I'm not at mine right now but, my guess would be that it depends on whether you choose 7-bit or 14-bit in the CC FORMAT parameter found in the MIDI MENU.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

BrufordRules

Post by BrufordRules » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks Daniel. That would be the best solution. I hope they clarify that in a future addendum document.