Alternative Dust Covers

Everything Phatty.
sampemberton

Alternative Dust Covers

Post by sampemberton » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you guys had any alternative dust covers for a Little Phatty rather the Moog branded ones? Sorry Moog but yours are way to expensive :(

DUBMCT

Re: Alternative Dust Covers

Post by DUBMCT » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:44 pm

I splurged and bought the official one...was pretty sad when it showed up as it pretty much doesn't even fit on the sub37 - way too tight - (tearing sounds)
It is more like a long term storage cover as all the ins and outs need to be unplugged for it to even have a chance to fit.

But it does fit on my subphatty albeit like a pair of baggy jeans.

I recommend waiting for moog to fix (contacted - no word yet) and in the meantime back to the old yard of cloth from the fabric store.
MOOG: micro/sub/37/M32/DFAM/105m/MF delay/MF trem

JonLukas

Post by JonLukas » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:06 pm

I am using the official dust cover. By attaching in the back and then the front, I am able to get it to fit pretty nicely (still snug though). It has stretched a bit since I first got it so it is not overly snug.

There is an issue with keeping connections plugged in while the cover is on. I ended up getting angled MIDI, power, and audio cables, so that the cover fits over them nicely, though this won't be possible if you're using all the ports.
Pianoteq, Guda KickR, Drumaxx, Diva, Pigments, Flow Motion, Kontakt, Omnisphere 2, StudioLogic SL73, MainStage, Logic Pro X.
Downtempo performed live: http://echofabric.com

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 pm

I bought a GATOR GKC-1540 STRETCHY KEYBOARD COVER FOR 61-76 NOTE KEYBOARDS (cut 'n' paste there) for £17 intended for my Roland V700 and it was too tight so I use it on my Sub 37 - too big but does the job and dead cheap

R.

djstingray

Post by djstingray » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:55 am

We just finished making our version of the sub37 / Little Phatty dust covers. We don't want to directly advertise on Moog's forum because that would be rude and unprofessional. But if you search Sub 37 dust cover on ebay you might be able to find us.

If this is against the TOS of this forum, please let me know and I will delete immediately.

Made in the USA. Any questions you can PM me here or through eBay.
Attachments
Moog-sub37-sub-phatty-NEW-5.jpg

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:33 am

I buy all my dust covers from: http://www.cover-it-audio.com/home.html

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 am

I have custom covers from https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/ for every single one of my keyboards, rack & mixer, except for the Sub 37. Just haven't gotten around to it, but also haven't really felt the need since I rarely find myself wanting to cover up my gear - it gets used just about every day, especially the Sub 37! :lol:

zone47

Post by zone47 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:41 am

Dust cover huh? :shock:

I ended up buying the Moog Gig bag from Musician's Friend ... it's nicely padded and was only $62 shipped. But yeah, if you have the sub planted somewhere you probably just need a cover. :oops:
Inspiration seems to always come at the start of a session, so always have that tape recorder going! :shock: :!: :shock:

scottingham

Post by scottingham » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

I use this fancy new tech called a pillow case. :lol:

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Old towels are your friend.

jeffsebring

Post by jeffsebring » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:02 pm

The ATA case and dust cover fit my Sub 37 perfectly. I the dust cover is pretty heavy material.

Nice custom covers there.
Minitaur -> Sub 37