Biggest news in MOOG History coming Monday?

Everything Phatty.
Blackout

Re: Biggest news in MOOG History coming Monday?

Post by Blackout » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:53 pm

i dont remember the same kind of "ANGER" back in the 70s and 80s when expensive synths were released. There were drools....and lust. but not such ANGER.

i think the anger comes from kids who have no money as theyre still living at home and are comparing the price to their free (cracked) soft synth plugin.

B3 guy

Post by B3 guy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:06 pm

I saw a study once where the researchers were trying to determine the point where a car was considered to be too ostentatious and triggered negative feelings in others. "Nobody needs to spend that much on a car" and all that jazz. What they discovered was that nearly everyone had the same cutoff price where they reacted negatively. So what was the common price they all agreed was was enough and no more?

Around 10-15% over the price of their own car. :roll:

The number even moved if the researchers called the participants back within the two year study and they had bought a new, more expensive car. People are funny.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Blackout wrote:i think the anger comes from kids who have no money as theyre still living at home and are comparing the price to their free (cracked) soft synth plugin.
It's not my place to reveal them, but... I learned that a group of young adult musicians are collectively buying one of the Systems. Talk about having the foresight to make a decision like that...

It would not surprise me at all to find that they release some astounding music.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:39 pm

I was also disturbed by the rampant vitriol. I can't afford one of these beauties either (even the little guy), but I nearly pissed myself with excitement when I read the news. If nothing else, it gives me something to daydream about when I'm at work :lol: It also just tickles me silly to know that they'll be out there, somewhere…

I'd personally like to thank Moog for this gift to the world of Music. I would also like to point out that when I bought my first Moog (Slim Phatty), I thought, "that seems a little expensive for a monophonic module, but let's see what all the fuss is about." …six years later I still have the Slim…and a Minitaur…and a Voyager+vx351…and 1 of every Moogerfooger (2 ring mods)…and 3 minifoogers…and a Sub37. I only make (US)$40k a year, but I still found a way to collect all that Moog-goodness. Discipline, diligence, and patience…

Thanks, Moog, and congratulations to all the lucky future-owners.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:04 am

namahshaman wrote: I only make (US)$40k a year, but I still found a way to collect all that Moog-goodness. Discipline, diligence, and patience…

Thanks, Moog, and congratulations to all the lucky future-owners.
if i wasnt married...with 2 children...i would have a Moog Modular on order, that is one thing there is no doubt about. But am i "ANGRY" at my family or Moog or the world? Certainly not.

if anything it makes me want to work harder for that bonus. And sell some crap lying around the place on ebay. i could start to hit the ballpark.

just a question, does anyone know if the new Moog Modulars are "circuit-board-for-circuit-board identical" to the originals? so are they through-hole boards like the old originals? im guessing they arent going to go to the trouble of surface mount and redesigning boards for such a small run>?

Cheers,

Blackout

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:34 am

B3 guy wrote:I saw a study once where the researchers were trying to determine the point where a car was considered to be too ostentatious and triggered negative feelings in others. "Nobody needs to spend that much on a car" and all that jazz. What they discovered was that nearly everyone had the same cutoff price where they reacted negatively. So what was the common price they all agreed was was enough and no more?

Around 10-15% over the price of their own car. :roll:

The number even moved if the researchers called the participants back within the two year study and they had bought a new, more expensive car. People are funny.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing that. People are funny, indeed! :)
slabwax wrote:I'm not understanding all the hate. There are lots off things I can't afford to buy, Does that mean no one should be allowed to buy it. Moog has not stopped making things for the rest of us. All this anger seem to be a tad bit of entitlement. My car is not as nice as a new Austin Martin and I'm ok with that I've gotten over it. I can still drive to where I need to go. And we can all play music on a S37,.com ,or a Mos-lab.
Funny: on a french forum, there is almost the same answer as yours.
BTW I love that (unintended?...) pun: a new Austin Martin :)