Controlling a Slim via a Voyager

Everything Phatty.
weemac

Controlling a Slim via a Voyager

Post by weemac » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm sure this has been discussed...
I'm wondering if a Slim Phatty will respond to all of the midi command signals that the voyager produces, meaning will it track envelope and wave positions as well as things like filter and resonance.

I love the control surface of the voyager but it does seem polite compared the LP I used to have. Another oddity is that it can't quite capture the sounds from My Roland SH-2000. The Roland is very limited but has an almost magical quality to the sound.

One thing the Voyager did capture perfectly is the plugged in sound of the original Stylophones..

For the most part the Voyager is clean and precise, sometimes just a touch of dodgy grit in the sound can go along way.. I'm wondering if I should save for a Slim...

Eden.

bichuelo

Re: Controlling a Slim via a Voyager

Post by bichuelo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:31 am

I think you are just scratching the surface. The sound of the Voyager is very pure and round, but feeding it back and using the modulation busses you can get a very big palette including some very aggresive sounds.
Try playing with both filters as well as the feedback loop too, the Voyager doesn't have an inclued overdrive so if you place one in the loop you might get the grit you miss from the LP.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

weemac

Re: Controlling a Slim via a Voyager

Post by weemac » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:40 am

Rightio, thanks for that, I'll try a few things.

emac.