v1.0.4

Everything Phatty.
mmarsh100
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: v1.0.4

Post by mmarsh100 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:54 pm

it may be hard to believe but I actually forgot about the noise fix when I was writing the release notes


Ah there's a relief! Now I don't feel like THAT GUY so much...

bartleby
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:20 am
Location: berlin

Re: v1.0.4

Post by bartleby » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 am

mmarsh100 wrote:
bartleby wrote:
mmarsh100 wrote:I wonder why it was not mentioned in the release notes?

too embarrassing, perhaps?

Uhg. I didn't mean that post to be a troll :( I was curious and posted w/o thinking...

sorry :oops:

i don't think your question was trollish in any way. it was a valid question. when i first saw that list, i asked myself the same thing...

User avatar
HicoMe
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: v1.0.4

Post by HicoMe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:46 am

Hello Rufus,

Rufus the Dog wrote:You have magic ears :D


I don´t think that you need "magic ears" for hearing it. I would think you need to visit an ear specialist. :shock:

As gencomproducts mentionded, it´s still there in this new software-version, but not so insistent as before. I can live with that ... :D

Regards
Heiko
My current Moogs: Sub 37
My former Moogs: Minimoog Model D, heavily selfmodified Prodigy, Satellite, Etherwave Theremin

Toom
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Re: v1.0.4

Post by Toom » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 pm

The buzz, although reduced, is still present. Are there any plans to completely get rid of it or is that not possible because of the hardware? Just wondering.

XAXAU
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: v1.0.4

Post by XAXAU » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:41 pm

OSC 1 suddenly only could sweep between triangle and PWM where triangle took up the range 0-8 of the knob and the rest was a little PWM. No saw, no square, just triangle and PWM.

Saved the patch and the knob was working again when I switched the patch back.

User avatar
Rufus the Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

Re: v1.0.4

Post by Rufus the Dog » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 am

gencomprodukts wrote:
gencomprodukts wrote:
Rufus the Dog wrote:You have magic ears :D


R.

Rufus, try one of my "Model D" soft lead sounds and let me know if you do hear something :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjr63cdac16n4 ... d.syx?dl=0
I do (check with the last octave of the keyboard) :wink:


Will do at the weekend


R.

XAXAU
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: v1.0.4

Post by XAXAU » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:56 am

My 37 just froze when yanking the USB cable. Turned it off then on and it worked again.

gencomprodukts
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: v1.0.4

Post by gencomprodukts » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 am

Rufus the Dog wrote:
gencomprodukts wrote:
gencomprodukts wrote:
Rufus the Dog wrote:You have magic ears :D


R.

Rufus, try one of my "Model D" soft lead sounds and let me know if you do hear something :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjr63cdac16n4 ... d.syx?dl=0
I do (check with the last octave of the keyboard) :wink:


Will do at the weekend


R.


:wink:
MOOG Memorymoog+, Sub 37, CP251, ROLAND SH-1, SH-2, SH-7, SH101, Juno 60, SVC350, TR808, SCI Prophet 5 Rev.3.1, KORG Mono/poly, KR55, OBERHEIM SEM, WALDORF Microwave 1, DSI Prophet 08 Desktop PE, BOSS DR-55, BassBot TT303, AKAI MPC1000 JJOS2XL.

User avatar
Rufus the Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

Re: v1.0.4

Post by Rufus the Dog » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:06 am

gencomprodukts wrote:
Rufus the Dog wrote:
gencomprodukts wrote:
gencomprodukts wrote:
Rufus the Dog wrote:You have magic ears :D


R.

Rufus, try one of my "Model D" soft lead sounds and let me know if you do hear something :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjr63cdac16n4 ... d.syx?dl=0
I do (check with the last octave of the keyboard) :wink:


Will do at the weekend


R.


:wink:


hmmmm - having problems send the sysex file to the Sub37. Tried both C6 and SysEx Librarian… midi light blinked but Buffer remained with previous contents - any idea what I am doing wrong. I was abe to dump the buffer back to my Mac?


R.

gencomprodukts
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: v1.0.4

Post by gencomprodukts » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 am

[/quote]

hmmmm - having problems send the sysex file to the Sub37. Tried both C6 and SysEx Librarian… midi light blinked but Buffer remained with previous contents - any idea what I am doing wrong. I was abe to dump the buffer back to my Mac?


R.[/quote]

Oops, unfortunately i can't help you out :(
MOOG Memorymoog+, Sub 37, CP251, ROLAND SH-1, SH-2, SH-7, SH101, Juno 60, SVC350, TR808, SCI Prophet 5 Rev.3.1, KORG Mono/poly, KR55, OBERHEIM SEM, WALDORF Microwave 1, DSI Prophet 08 Desktop PE, BOSS DR-55, BassBot TT303, AKAI MPC1000 JJOS2XL.

Amos
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: v1.0.4

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Rufus the Dog wrote:hmmmm - having problems send the sysex file to the Sub37. Tried both C6 and SysEx Librarian… midi light blinked but Buffer remained with previous contents - any idea what I am doing wrong. I was abe to dump the buffer back to my Mac?
R.


I don't think you're doing anything wrong... the deal is... this sysex is not a "buffer sound" It was exported using "cur preset" which tags the sysex file with the original bank/patch location, and if that sysex file is sent to another unit it loads to the same bank/patch location. I think you will find this one in bank 1, patch 14.

gencomprodukts: you might prefer to use "buffer snd" to output single presets in future, as it's slightly better for sharing.

cheers,

Amos

User avatar
Rufus the Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

Re: v1.0.4

Post by Rufus the Dog » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Thanks Amos - got it now and will start to play :D


R.

gencomprodukts
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: v1.0.4

Post by gencomprodukts » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Amos wrote:
Rufus the Dog wrote:hmmmm - having problems send the sysex file to the Sub37. Tried both C6 and SysEx Librarian… midi light blinked but Buffer remained with previous contents - any idea what I am doing wrong. I was abe to dump the buffer back to my Mac?
R.


I don't think you're doing anything wrong... the deal is... this sysex is not a "buffer sound" It was exported using "cur preset" which tags the sysex file with the original bank/patch location, and if that sysex file is sent to another unit it loads to the same bank/patch location. I think you will find this one in bank 1, patch 14.

gencomprodukts: you might prefer to use "buffer snd" to output single presets in future, as it's slightly better for sharing.

cheers,

Amos


Thanks Amos, i didn't know that :wink:
MOOG Memorymoog+, Sub 37, CP251, ROLAND SH-1, SH-2, SH-7, SH101, Juno 60, SVC350, TR808, SCI Prophet 5 Rev.3.1, KORG Mono/poly, KR55, OBERHEIM SEM, WALDORF Microwave 1, DSI Prophet 08 Desktop PE, BOSS DR-55, BassBot TT303, AKAI MPC1000 JJOS2XL.

User avatar
Rufus the Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

Re: v1.0.4

Post by Rufus the Dog » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Ok, thanks to the tip from Amos played with gen's sysex…. recorded several seconds at 44,100 but turned off Osc2 so the slow beat with Osc1 didn't confuse.

FFT shows 80Hz some 60dB down from fundamental note (plus a bit of mains hum, 50Hz in the UK) and I cannot hear it but that could just be the monitoring headphones I am using and/or my lack of magic ears :lol:

Image

This is several seconds of a single note using 'Latch On' for your listening pleasure. :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48045856/OSc1.wav


R.

bomarm
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 am

Re: v1.0.4

Post by bomarm » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:01 am

Im new to this forum and not finding v1.0.4 of the OS...where can one download it?

Post Reply