Little Phatty Tuning problem.

Everything Phatty.
popmatik

Little Phatty Tuning problem.

Post by popmatik » Fri May 30, 2014 4:36 am

Hi folks,

Hopefully someone can help me with this one. I have a little phatty and after allowing to warm up. I hook it up to a tuner and the presets are all a full tone sharp. When I flip it into auto tune mode and it's just an raw oscillator sound it's perfectly in tune.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to run the calibration and if I do does anyone know the order in which they are supposed to be run?

Thanks for your help!

Stuka

Re: Little Phatty Tuning problem.

Post by Stuka » Fri May 30, 2014 9:22 am

Sounds like you need to run the calibaration routines.

Recommend you let the LP warm up at least 30-45 minutes, then run all the calibration routines (pitch wheel, note, pitch wheel amount, and OSC2 frequency) in the order listed in the manual (starting on page 45).

Takes a while to run everything (give yourself a good hour+ to complete all of them), but definitely worth it - makes a HUGE difference in the tuning stability on the LP!
Provided you allow the keyboard to warmup each session before adjusting the tuning, you probably won't need to run the cal. routines again for many months! :)

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

popmatik

Post by popmatik » Fri May 30, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks Randy.

It was because I had not run the pitch wheel calibration it would seem. I noticed the pitch bend wasn't working right and that made me twig. I ran that and now the chap seems to be staying in tune. Phew!

Cheers for your help.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Fri May 30, 2014 12:01 pm

No problem -
glad it was a quick fix!!
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...