cc constantly outputting?

Everything Phatty.
lancefox

cc constantly outputting?

Post by lancefox » Sat May 03, 2014 10:37 am

Hi -
I was trying to connect my octatrack to my little phatty and noticed that the little phatty seems to be constantly outputting cc messages -- I figured this out while trying to auto map the cc numbers in the octatrack and it just picks up random cc messages. if I turn set the cc messages to wheel or off, it doesn't seem to be continually outputting, so I think it is coming from the phatty

I've also noticed that the "precision" settings are constantly moving around, which doesn't seem normal

any thoughts?

Sir Nose

Re: cc constantly outputting?

Post by Sir Nose » Mon May 12, 2014 7:22 pm

This is not normal. Is the Phatty receiving CCs from the OT? Is it just the mod or pitch wheel? I'd contact Moog support.

Stuka

Re: cc constantly outputting?

Post by Stuka » Tue May 13, 2014 1:16 pm

If you hook the MIDI output of your LP to a MIDI monitor on your computer (like MIDI-OX for Windows) it should tell you exactly which CC message is being sent. You can cross-reference that to the LP's MIDI implementation chart in the manual to identify the message being sent.

Make sure you haven't inadvertently created some sort of MIDI feedback loop between your Octatrack and LP.

Also, it might be worth running all the calibrations routines on your LP, to see if that clears up the precision drift (and possibly the MIDI stream).

Good luck - keep us posted!!
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...