The arpeggiator is missing notes sometimes

Everything Phatty.
denoiser

The arpeggiator is missing notes sometimes

Post by denoiser » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi all!

I have a LP II since long ago and I have always had a timing problem with the arpeggiator. The problem is that a note is not played from time to time and a silence is played instead. I had never paid much attention to this but now I'm considering using it live and now it is.

I read something related to this in the forum but I have not been able to find it again.

Steps to reproduce: turn on the arpeggiator, turn on the latch mode, play a chord and wait. It will appear at some time, specially while tweaking the knobs.
Firmware is 3.21 690/33.

Is this problem common? Is the internal clock source reliable enough to be used live? Does anybody know a solution for this?

TIA

Stuka

Re: The arpeggiator is missing notes sometimes

Post by Stuka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Check out this thread, specifically the last page or so:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=60

Evidently the last firmware update fixed most of the problems folks were having with the ARP & poly-chain! :)

Haven't tried it myself yet -
on the "to do" list...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

denoiser

Re: The arpeggiator is missing notes sometimes

Post by denoiser » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Stuka,

thanks for the link but I had already installed the last release (Vers:3.21 690/33 as said in the advanced menu) and the problem was still there.

I always thought that my problem was a common one and that it was going to be solved in the future. Buy now it seems it's a deffective unit or a misconfiguration, which I hardly believe. That was the reason I was asking if anyone was having similar failures.

I have just tried if the problem solves if the clock syncs to midi but it keeps missing notes. While I was testing I have realized is very easy to replicate if you move the pitch wheel quite a lot. It sometimes misses notes or play it a bit late (out of time).

So, the question is still open. Anybody having similar issues?