Little Phatty Tribute Problem

Everything Phatty.
feend

Little Phatty Tribute Problem

Post by feend » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello everyone new here. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem with their unit before. I just recently bought a tribute edition phatty secondhand. I've had it about a week now. The first couple of times I played around with it everything was fine. Its currently running firmware 1.02c btw.

A few days ago I started to notice that some of the buttons were unresponsive. Actually the whole filter section will not switch between parameters. Let me note that when it was first starting to happen I could sometimes get it to switch from lets say Overload to the Cutoff or to KB Amount. Seems to have slowly lost control of switching back and forth. Almost feels like its freezing although everything else is working fine on the unit. If im flipping through the presets that is the only way I can see that all of the sections under the filter still do actually work. I just cant switch between any of them.

I guess I just want to know if this is something other people have experienced before with their phattys. Kind of hoping it was something common with an easy fix as after just spending a decent amount of dough for it Im now going to most likely have to ship it back to Moog.

Moogtard

Re: Little Phatty Tribute Problem

Post by Moogtard » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:40 am

I have had a LP Tribute Edition for years now that I bought second hand. Over the course of the first few years I began having difficulty with the responsiveness of my buttons. I really had to mash on them to get it to grab the parameter so I could edit it. This got worse over time and when I had my LP updated at the factory I had them replace both pot maps. At the time Rosser was the one working on my LP and explained to me that the Tribute buttons (pot maps) were not as reliable as the pot maps they were putting into LPs nowadays. I got it back and one of the two pot maps worked like butter and the other I still had to press very hard to get it to work. Eventually the very fine solder connections between the two main boards inside began to fail and when I would touch any button the main audio would cut in and out. I contacted Moog and they fixed everything right away. Since I have gotten it back from this second trip back to the factory my Tribute has been AWESOME. I barely press the buttons and it grabs it right away.

Have you tried completely resetting your little phatty and calibrating it?