Little Phatty Tribute Edition - Update problem

Everything Phatty.
pontcho87

Little Phatty Tribute Edition - Update problem

Post by pontcho87 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi,

I’m Jonathan, I’m French and I just bought a secondhand Little Phatty Tribute Edition from a very cautious person.
I used it for one day, then I decided to update it with new version 3.1, unfortunately I had problems. Maybe someone here can help me out.

First, notice that the former owner sells me the Little Phatty with version 1.0.4., as I understand, it was a wrong idea to try 3.1 : the update can't be completed because of a memory problem.
Anyway, after the attempt, I had the message “SEND_FIRMWARE SX DATA ERROR 3”.

I have read somewhere that it was necessary to press the 'Master" button to delete everything. I did it. Now, I’ve got a new message “Send Firmware”, and I do not know what to do. Can I come back to version 1.0.4., and how ?

Can someone help me getting out of this ?

Thanks in advance,

pontcho87

Re: Little Phatty Tribute Edition - Update problem

Post by pontcho87 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:37 am

Hi,

My problem is still the same, and I'm wondering if someone has got the file with version 1.0.4. ? Maybe with this "update", my Phatty will work again ; moreover I think Amos fixed a similar problem like that.

##LIMIT##

Post by ##LIMIT## » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi there !

I have the same problem, anyone has a solution ? Or maybe could send me the 1.04 upgrade ?

Amos please help :-)

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi Jonathan.

The situation is that you have installed the v3 bootloader on your LP Tribute, but the hardware has not been upgraded to allow installation of the v3 firmware.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to undo this. There is a way, and it's not difficult, but it requires a USB debug adapter to load the old code again. There's no way to do it via MIDI.

I will send you a pm with some more information.

For anyone else reading this thread:

Don't try to update your Little Phatty Tribute Edition firmware from v1 to v3!!
The Tribute Edition requires a hardware upgrade (more memory) in order to run the v3 system.
This upgrade can be performed by Moog Music or by an approved technician. Contact the Moog service department for details.
If your LP Tribute Edition already has firmware v3.1, it's no problem to update to v3.2.

NemoTeus

Post by NemoTeus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Hello,
Unfotunately I have the same problem, stupid as I am I tried to update without knowing what firmware was on the phatty. Anyway could you please write me information about how I can fix the problem and which tools are needed like which usb debugger etc. This would save my musical life.
All the best,
Tim

Rhodes72

Post by Rhodes72 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

Hi Amos,

Same synth (LP Tribute Edition), same symptoms ("Send Firmware") after a bad upgrade (my Tribute is not upgraded). I blame myself but... damned...
Now, I know I can order the "famous" farnell usb debugger, but could you please write and send me the Instructions and Files on how i can fix it and go back to the 1.03 firmware ?
I would like to make my LP tribute alive alone because I am far from the Moog service in France (MESI), that is in Paris..

Thanks A lot !!