LP Stage Firmware upgrade synth died.

Everything Phatty.
Shevenknee

LP Stage Firmware upgrade synth died.

Post by Shevenknee » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi There

I just tried to upgrade the OS on a stage 1 Phatty to V2.21. The screen stated that there was an error and to cycle the power.
I switched it off but when I switched it on again the screen is lit but blank and none of the controls work. Is there a fix for this please?

Many thanks
Cheers
Steve

Moog Sub 37, Moog Little Phatty, Moog Theremini, Hammond SK2, Waldorf Blofeld, Alesis Micron, Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro, Yanagisawa T992, Yamaha VL70/WX5

Waza

Re: LP Stage Firmware upgrade synth died.

Post by Waza » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:05 am

try switching it off for more than 30 seconds then running the firmware again you might think it's not doing anything but give it a few minutes.
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

Shevenknee

Post by Shevenknee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:44 am

Thanks for your suggestion Waza.
I've just tried that but have the same result. I tried changing the transmission speed as well but to no avail :-(
Cheers
Steve

Moog Sub 37, Moog Little Phatty, Moog Theremini, Hammond SK2, Waldorf Blofeld, Alesis Micron, Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro, Yanagisawa T992, Yamaha VL70/WX5

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:08 am

if nothing at all on the screen, contact Moog tech support. There is a way to re-program the processor using a USB debug adaptor. Moog can do it at their shop, or you can do it yourself if you have a Windows PC and the debug adapter hardware (which is less than $40 USD). I am sorry for the trouble!

-Amos

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 pm

I've got a debugger if you want to borrow it (assuming you are based in the U.S.).

Amos, correct me if I'm wrong, but the term "USB" debugger speaks to the fact that the debugger connects to your computer via USB. It does NOT connect to the USB port on the Phatty? Rather, onto the board mounted connector which is on the left side of the digital board inside.

Interested in the answer; if both of you could let me know, I'd be happy to help. (and bonus question for Amos, is the Tribute, Stage 1, and Stage 2 hardware and procedure identical for this step)

Thanks.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Shevenknee

Post by Shevenknee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:14 am

Thanks for the kind offer of a loan of your debugger EMwhite but I live in the UK. Fortunately I know where I can buy one.

Amos, thanks for the info as indeed the screen shows nothing at all. I've contacted tech support and await their reply. In the meantime I'll buy a debugger.
Hopefully this will sort the problem but will I be able to try to upgrade again or will I be stuck with the version 1 operating system?

Many thanks
Cheers
Steve

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm

you could try the upgrade again... although, if you have the debugger you could use it to install the v3 bootloader directly, which would spare you one of the "upgrade" steps.

Shevenknee

Post by Shevenknee » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Amos

Tech support contacted me with a suggestion of holding the "Master" button down when switching on. This didn't work.
However they did send me a hex file and I now have a debugger. Can I use the hex file with that?

Many thanks
Cheers
Steve