can Sub37 load SubPhatty presets?

Everything Phatty.
extended

can Sub37 load SubPhatty presets?

Post by extended » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:40 am

I'm considering upgrading to the sub37 but don't want to lose all the work i've done on the subphatty.... so pretty much my purchase depends on this .
if the sub37 preset loader can automatically set to 0 all its extra features ( the extra lfo , the new drive, etc ) when loading subphatty presets then they should sound pretty much the same right?

Fantastca

Re: can Sub37 load SubPhatty presets?

Post by Fantastca » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:35 pm

It should, since it will offer poly chaining with Sub Phatty I see why not.
Moog Sub Phatty (firmware 2.1.12 beta, editor 1.1.0) | Ableton Live 9.7 | macOS Sierra 10.12.3

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Seeing as the Sub37 is not released yet, I would wait for some kind of official confirmation before you pull the trigger. As Fantastca said though, poly-chaining has been confirmed between the Sub37/Sub Phatty, so there must be some kind of compatibility there, despite the different architecture. Whether they'll be able to run the exact same patch files or similar patch files, I guess we don't know yet until more information comes to light. Poly-chaining was confirmed by Moog Music on a thread similar to this, so maybe they will weigh in here?

In case you can't load the same files in, I'm sure that you could at least re-create your patches by dialing in the same settings again, if you took note of your patch settings. They are both phatty sound engines after all, so they should both have that same core sound - the Sub37 just has more options, which you can simply ignore for those original Sub Phatty sounds.

David.
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

extended

Post by extended » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:37 am

any news on this ? my guess is the sub37 when reading subphatty patches would simply have to put the extra LFO at 0 , and the new feedback distortion at 0. the rest should be equivalent. but who knows...

bartleby

Post by bartleby » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:16 am

in theory at least, i think the s37 should be able to play (most) sub phatty and little phatty patches, as their voice architectures seem to be quite similar. the question is, how do you get them from your sp/lp to your s37?
i doubt that their .syx formats are compatible.

but as the midi cc numbers seem to be the same across all phatties, a midi cc dump should work. that's why i suggested a midi cc dump/snapshot function for all phatties in the s37 feature request thread.

but maybe this is already possible via the polychain function? has anybody tried if a phattie polychained as a slave can save the patch from its master that it's currently playing into its own preset memory?

yet another solution would be for the upcoming s37 editor to be able to import sp and lp patches...