Saving Presets question

Everything Phatty.
cbright9

Saving Presets question

Post by cbright9 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:15 am

Hello all,
I cant seem to find this in the manual, nor can I figure it out logically and Ive lost many presets as well as my patients trying.
Id like to modify a preset voice and then scroll to another preset and save it, but Id like to be able to hear what Im saving over first, an audition so to speak. This doesn't seem like it would be impossible, I have a DSI Pro8 and I can do it, my Korg ms2000R can do it, cant my Little Phatty Stage II do it?
What am i missing?
Thanks in advance,
Clinton
Moog LP StageII, Moog Sub37, Moog Midi Murf, Arturia MiniBrute, DSI Prophet 08, Akai MPC1000 JJos128XL, Yamaha AN1X, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Korg MS2000.

ricknboogie

Re: Saving Presets question

Post by ricknboogie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:18 pm

You can't do it as you've described. Instead, select a patch you don't mind losing, and remember it's location. Then, when you're ready to write it, select the slot you chose. I usually only re-write the preset I'm working with, and save it to the same location.

robml

Post by robml » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:06 am

i personally keep bank 4 presets 1-4 free for saving into. if there is anything worth saving for the future i transfer them into the editor software.

i keep sounds i'm working with for my recent projects in banks 1-3.

in reality you need the editor software to keep the presets stored. 16 is way too few to be relied upon for all projects, so you have to work with the subs limitations.

i think amos recently implemented your idea in the minitaur firmware, so maybe hit him up for it. would likely add unnecessary complication to a *currently* simple interface though.

cheers

ricknboogie

Post by ricknboogie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 pm

He has a Little Phatty Stage II.