Can Phatty arp tempo get controlled by tap pedal ?

Everything Phatty.
jupiter

Can Phatty arp tempo get controlled by tap pedal ?

Post by jupiter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 am

Is it possible to send tap tempo to a Phatty ? and cannot be done NOT using the MIDI IN port ? (I use MIDI In for remote program change)

Thanks

stiiiiiiive

Re: Can Phatty arp tempo get controlled by tap pedal ?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 am

No other way than MIDI, from what I know. That being, you can send a MIDI clock through whatever is sending program changes to your Phatty...

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:04 pm

The Little & Slim Phatty can have both LFO and ARP clocks set by Tap Tempo using the "LFO RATE" button on the front panel...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

jupiter

Post by jupiter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:08 am

Thanks,

So if I wish to do this using a pedal, this should be a MIDI pedal which is able to simulate taps on the LFO button ?

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am

jupiter wrote:Thanks,

So if I wish to do this using a pedal, this should be a MIDI pedal which is able to simulate taps on the LFO button ?
Which Phatty are you referrring to?
There are several different versions available right now, and they do not all function exactly the same.

Going back to the Slim and Little Phatty (with the current 3.1 OS) ~
The LFO RATE button itself is not MIDI-enabled, so you would have to set the tap tempo using the button on the panel.
There is no tap tempo equivalent using MIDI, but as mentioned in the post above, you can sync to external MIDI clock sources.

If you haven't done so yet, I highly recommend you download the latest owners manual for your particular Phatty from the Moog web site.
Regardless of which model you're using, there are a LOT of "behind the scenes" settings that most users probably wouldn't know about without the manual pointing them out. They all include MIDI implementation charts, so you can find out exactly which functions can be controlled remotely by MIDI.

If you happen to be running a Little Phatty Stage II or Slim Phatty, you'll probably want to request a copy of the OS 3.1 Users Manual addendum from tech support, since quite a few things were updated after the original manual was released.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...