bought a used lil' phatty today, the future's so bright ...

Everything Phatty.
toschek

bought a used lil' phatty today, the future's so bright ...

Post by toschek » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 pm

... I need better sunscreen.

Insane eBay BIN deal for $850 with a gig bag and free shipping. It is a Stage I that's been factory upgraded to a Stage II (usb, new firmware installed). I'm wondering if its worth sending back in for the CV Out mod too (probably $300 installed and round trip shipping). I'd been auditioning a used Stage II from Guitar Center but the wanted $1385 + tax for it and it was covered in scratches, included no manual and had a weirdly noisy keyboard and knobs that would stick for no reason ... no thanks.

I will be buying more modular gear over the winter/spring so I suppose the CV Out mod and CP-251 are my next purchases? I just love the thickness of the sound and how well the one I was auditioning at least handles playing VSTs and instruments in my DAW.

This is my first piece of analogue gear since the SH-101 I owned 20 years ago at the tender age of 16, and it's been all digital or acoustic since then. Not much else to say but thank you Dr. Bob, you were a giant among men and we all stand on your shoulders to some degree.

Sir Nose

Re: bought a used lil' phatty today, the future's so bright

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:43 am

Enjoy 8)

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:36 am

Congrats Toscheck, and welcome to the forum :)

I love reading joy posts like yours, really. I'm sure you will get even more joy playing your Little Phatty.
The CV-out mod would be a smart next step indeed, as well as the CP-251. This turns the Phatty into the director of a modular system, albeit simple. The advantage is you have the keyboard pre-wired modulations, plus the said keyboard is one of a synth.

Enjoy it mate!

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the world of Moog Phatty's!! :D

+1 on the suggestion for the CP-251 ~
It opens up some pretty cool additional options for hands-on sound tweaking!
I just got my LP Solar CV a couple of weeks ago, and still digging in & discovering the possibilities with CV control ~ cool stuff!! 8)

The CV Out mod would probably be a good option down the road, especially if you plan to interface with some MoogerFoogers or other CV/modular gear.
Just make sure you're willing to part with your LP long enough to get the mod done at the factory!! :wink:

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 am

Just in case: Moog is about to discontinue the Little Phatty and they are selling what is probably the last batch of CV-out extensions. The extension comes with a free gig bag. Think fast ;)

BTW this white little phatty is soooo cool...

toschek

Post by toschek » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Yep, better hurry up and place this order then, before I get used to having it in my "sonic arsenal". The one I picked up off eBay already comes with a gig bag, anyone interested in the extra one I'm getting for $0 plus shipping "put yo hands in the air, buck, buck, buck like you just don't care"