PRESET ACTIVE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Everything Phatty.
asdo1975

PRESET ACTIVE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post by asdo1975 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:14 am

Hi. I have performed a 'Restore Factory' operation on my Little Phatty Stage ii - followed by a master reboot. When the unit comes back on, it goes straight to 'PANEL ACTIVE' with the red light instead of 'PRESET ACTIVE' with the amber light. HAS IT GONE WRONG?

David Smyth

Re: PRESET ACTIVE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post by David Smyth » Wed May 15, 2013 11:31 pm

What happens if you push the button? Does it change back to Preset Active (amber light)?
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

asdo1975

Post by asdo1975 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:57 am

Hi. Tried that, but it remains red and still displays 'Panel active'. Suspect that something is playing up with it. Thanks for reply

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:58 pm

I did a Factory Reset and hosed up my WAVE knobs and filter envelope. My solution was to send update 1.1.8 via sysex, fixed it right up.

*edit* :oops: never mind, you were talking Little Phatty, I was talking Sub Phatty, sorry!
Last edited by mmarsh100 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Thu May 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Ah damn - that doesn't sound right. Does it not even change to Preset Active (amber) briefly? The reason I ask is that a bunch of us have had problems with parameters moving themselves (dancing-dial syndrome as it's been dubbed), and this can often be the cause for the Phatty to self-change to Panel Active (this problem is often solved by ensuring the Phatty is powered by a 3-prong grounding power cable and well-grounded outlet). However, if it doesn't even change to Preset Active at all, and you haven't noticed any ring LED's moving by themselves ever, it sounds like it may be some other fault. Either way you should contact Moog Music Support if you can't get it working.

I hope it all works out for you.

Regards,
David
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

asdo1975

Post by asdo1975 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 am

Hi David. I think you might be onto something there. When I press the button it DOES flicker to amber momentarily AND I did notice some of the dial settings moving back to a different position at the same. As for the power cable - I am simply using the same 'kettle' lead that I have used to power the Phatty since I first bought it without ever having previously experienced this problem. It sounds like I have been afflicted with the 'dancing dial syndrome' that you describe. Good to know that it's a known issue, and I appreciate your time. Maybe I'll try a few different power cables and see if any of them are 'lucky'. Cheers, Ash

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Try a different outlet. If that doesn't work, you may have a faulty grounding in your home, or a bad transformer in your neighborhood. I remember one other member who had problems with the dancing dials related to a faulty transformer in his apartment complex.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.