Help please!!!

Everything Phatty.
Elotero001

Help please!!!

Post by Elotero001 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 am

Hi my name is paul. Finally got a moog lp from craigslist. Im kind of familiar with sounds but not with lp's so the lp have 100 presets that i want to change or put different presets.. Did i need to download different presets?! Where can i do that?? Did i need a special software to insert those?? I have the usb but when i got it, there was no explanations of use it. I want to know if i can put more presets to my lp. Im interesed in minimal wave music, so i meed more basses and sequences and drum loops. I have 3 days with this and i still hAve not answer. Im searching for minimal wave retro music presets.

Assar

Re: Help please!!!

Post by Assar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 am

Elotero001 wrote:Hi my name is paul. Finally got a moog lp from craigslist. Im kind of familiar with sounds but not with lp's so the lp have 100 presets that i want to change or put different presets.. Did i need to download different presets?! Where can i do that?? Did i need a special software to insert those?? I have the usb but when i got it, there was no explanations of use it. I want to know if i can put more presets to my lp. Im interesed in minimal wave music, so i meed more basses and sequences and drum loops. I have 3 days with this and i still hAve not answer. Im searching for minimal wave retro music presets.
Buy a synth if you are interested in tweaking. If not, buy a keyboard with presets or a loop player.
Learn how to tweak your LP an make your own presets, instead of using other people's presets. It is great fun!
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Waza

Post by Waza » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 am

Also download the manual and get to know your synth.

The best way to learn is just tweak away. Find out what ADSR and LFO's do etc and go from there.
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 am

Elotero001 wrote:Hi my name is paul. Finally got a moog lp from craigslist. Im kind of familiar with sounds but not with lp's so the lp have 100 presets that i want to change or put different presets.. Did i need to download different presets?! Where can i do that?? Did i need a special software to insert those?? I have the usb but when i got it, there was no explanations of use it. I want to know if i can put more presets to my lp. Im interesed in minimal wave music, so i meed more basses and sequences and drum loops. I have 3 days with this and i still hAve not answer. Im searching for minimal wave retro music presets.
As others have mentioned, check out the manuals available from the Moog web site, as well as the additional patch sets they have (for free) for the Phatty series. Take a look at your LP's firmware & OS while you're at it and make sure you're up to date (contact Moog tech support directly if you have questions about those for your particular LP's version & serial number).

Moog also has a couple of versions of the Librarian app for sale that makes it VERY easy to customize and swap patch sets, or you can use a free application like MIDI-OX (for Windows PC) that helps you save & load patch sets using MIDI SYSEX commands.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

dswo

Post by dswo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:08 pm

You can find a bunch of good patches at KnobTweak: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/KnobTweak. After you join the group, look in the "Little Phatty" folder under Files.
David Wilson-Okamura