Dark Time -> LP (gate problem?)

Everything Phatty.
Assar

Dark Time -> LP (gate problem?)

Post by Assar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:33 am

Hi!

I am new to CV/Cate, but I bought myself a Dark Energy (synth) and Dark Time (seq) a while ago. Very nice little machines. Works with both midi and cv/gate.

Now I tried to connect the Dark Time to my LP with CV/Gate and can't get that to work.
According to the specifications both of them works with 5V for gate. I connect the DT's "Gate 1 Out" to the LP's "KB GATE" and DT's "CV 1 Out" to LP's "PITCH CV". Nothing happens when I start the DT.

If I press a key on the LP, I can hear the DT playing the LP, but it seems that the gate is not working just from the "KB GATE" input.
If I plug a dummy cable in the "KB GATE" I can use audio input to my LP to modulate external audio, so in that sense the "KB GATE" input works.

I have checked the voltage from the DT output in the LP end of the cable and it is 5.36V.

Am I missing something here?
Or is there something wrong with my LP?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

Sir Nose

Re: Dark Time -> LP (gate problem?)

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 am

The phatty misses very short gates. Might be the problem if you were sending it pulse triggers.

Also, depending on the phatty OS, they added a menu option that changes the behavior of the gate in. There are 3 choices: GATE, GATE/SUS, SUST.PED

Assar

Post by Assar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:45 am

I have OS 3.1T 672, and can't find any parameter like that. But that shouldn't be necessary to use CV/Gate, should it? I mean, the functionality is implemented in the synth with the original OS 1.3 and should work even then.

It doesn't work with 100% gate neither ...

Benjamin AM

Post by Benjamin AM » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Assar, make sure that some of the Darktime steps are turned to the on position(three position switch). If a step is selected to be off or skipped, it will not send a gate signal. Also, Have you messed with the pulsewidth control?
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron

Assar

Post by Assar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Benjamin AM wrote:Assar, make sure that some of the Darktime steps are turned to the on position(three position switch). If a step is selected to be off or skipped, it will not send a gate signal. Also, Have you messed with the pulsewidth control?
Yes, thanks.
All switches are in the correct position and pulsewidth has been messed with. :wink: