nth Little Phatty problem...

Everything Phatty.
Agostino

nth Little Phatty problem...

Post by Agostino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:07 am

I really love it, I love the Moog sound, but when it comes with MIDI it seems never to work as it should...
Now, I transformed my attic keyboard rig in a small-but-slowly-growing-up project studio, so I bought all the things I need, including Ableton Live.
I connected the MIDI ports of the Phatty to the audio interface's ones, and generally it works fine, but (omitting the sustained note problem) the Phatty plays only one of three notes.
Yes, if I (or Ableton) play three notes, only one of these will actually sound.
This is as interesting as annoying :evil:
I disconnected the MIDI cables... and... it's still so!! :shock:
Because I live in Italy, I'm dying to send my synthesizer to the Moog factory, I hope there will be a solution...
Thank you so much, have a nice day everybody! 8)

denoiser

Re: nth Little Phatty problem...

Post by denoiser » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 pm

If it's always 1 in 3 then it could be that the polyphonic option is activated and set to 3 voices.
The phatty uses a round robin policy in polyphonic mode, if I'm not mistaken.
Take a look in the global menu and set it to 1 voice.
I hope it helps.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Sorry if I am reading incorrectly but from what you are saying you are trying to play three notes at once? All of the Moog synthesizers are monophonic, can only play one note at a time. So it is performing as it should . Again, sorry if you knew that  . If so, check the poly Assign Mode as suggested.

Agostino

Post by Agostino » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 pm

The poly-mode was the problem (shame on me :oops: )
Now, I've got another question: my current OS is a beta-version (3.1 653/33) found on this forum while they were developing OS3, but it seems to have some bugs in it - LFO Sync doesn't work with my computer, e.g.
I noticed that OS 3.12 works properly, but the updater that I downloaded from the site is set to take the OS 2.x to the 3.12.
Now, I have 3.1, so that updater doesn't work... what should I do? Wait for the next OS update? :|

synthaxe

Post by synthaxe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Agostino wrote:The poly-mode was the problem (shame on me :oops: )
Now, I've got another question: my current OS is a beta-version (3.1 653/33) found on this forum while they were developing OS3, but it seems to have some bugs in it - LFO Sync doesn't work with my computer, e.g.
I noticed that OS 3.12 works properly, but the updater that I downloaded from the site is set to take the OS 2.x to the 3.12.
Now, I have 3.1, so that updater doesn't work... what should I do? Wait for the next OS update? :|
Well, from what I'm told (due to a problem I'm currently having) the will infact be an OS update started in the next few months. Mabey you should mention this to Amos?
Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur, MF-105, MF-103, MF-102, MF-101, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, EVH 5150III 50 Watt, EVM12L Speakers, ESP Eclipse-II FR, USA Charvel So-Cal, Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster, Alesis MidiVerb 4, and tons of Electro Harmonix.

Agostino

Post by Agostino » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am

Thank you! I'll look for him :twisted: