The definitive SLIM PHATTY + patchbay thread

Everything Phatty.
Freebot

Re: The definitive SLIM PHATTY + patchbay thread

Post by Freebot » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

Hey guys,

Is there somewhere I can buy the dummy plugs you guys are talking about, preferably already soldered to the correct setup for pitch and gate? I am way to overwhelmed with other things to spend the time learning how to solder and such, but I have a cp 251 that is just collecting dust because my Minitaur and my Slim are racked and it's a pain to get back there for constant patching.
If there is nowhere to buy them, would any one be interested in making some for a reasonable fee?

Thank you

Stuka

Re: The definitive SLIM PHATTY + patchbay thread

Post by Stuka » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Freebot wrote:Hey guys,

Is there somewhere I can buy the dummy plugs you guys are talking about, preferably already soldered to the correct setup for pitch and gate? I am way to overwhelmed with other things to spend the time learning how to solder and such, but I have a cp 251 that is just collecting dust because my Minitaur and my Slim are racked and it's a pain to get back there for constant patching.
If there is nowhere to buy them, would any one be interested in making some for a reasonable fee?

Thank you
Doubtful that they're available "ready to go" ~

They're just 1/4" TRS phone plugs, available through just about any electronics store.
This would be one of the easiest soldering jobs you're likely to run across, since all you're doing is soldering jumpers between 2 of the 3 connectors inside the plug.

1/4" plugs are generally pretty easy to work with - plenty of room to work with the connectors, and just about any hook-up wire would work.

If you're going to work with analog synths, soldering skills would be handy to have, and soldering 1/4" dummy plugs would be a really easy way to learn...

Also, it might be helpful if you post your location info in your profile ~
There might be a forum member close by that could help you out.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...