No sound but receiving midi

Everything Phatty.
filtersweeperVCO

No sound but receiving midi

Post by filtersweeperVCO » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:29 am

It is receiving midi notes, I can see the little arrow appearing. I plug my headphones into the back and press the output on/off button. I run it into my mixer and can hear the channel working as the 1/4" plug enters. I plug it into a working channel strip so I know it's not the mixer. When I toggle through the menu I can manually press the enter=play note
NOTE: 63 MOMENTARY
and then I hear sound. I've pretty much trouble-shot it as far as I can take it. It also says
MIDI SETUP LOCAL CONTROL:OFF
Please help me out here.
THanks, Jason.
GEAR: Moog Voyager, MF 102, VX-351, Roland JX-3P, Roland Juno 106, Waldorf Pulse +, Waldor Micro Q, emagic AMT8, MPC 1000, Sherman filterbank 2 (rack) Korg Kaoss pad 3, MAM ADX1 drum machine, and Yorkville LS 800P
http://soundcloud.com/filtersweeper

CTRLSHFT

Re: No sound but receiving midi

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 am

Disabling Local Control = Removing the sound generator from the MIDI device. It is ON by default and shouldn't be turned off unless you are planning on using your LP exclusively as a MIDI controller.
www.ctrlshft.com

Sir Nose

Re: No sound but receiving midi

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 pm

There is a cc for volume. Maybe whatever you are using for a sequencer is sending a message with a min value. I know I had that problem before. Kept having to turn the volume pot on the phatty to reset it every now and again.