"Oscillators" Pot malfunctioning

Everything Phatty.
carbohydrate

"Oscillators" Pot malfunctioning

Post by carbohydrate » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:06 am

Hi,

The "Oscillators" pot on my SP has just started acting weird. It won't dial in values anti-clockwise of vertical - the pot will turn all the way anticlockwise, but the LED indicators stop at 12 o'clock. I can no longer tune osc 2 to osc 1, they are permanently out of tune. Furthermore, they are now out of tune in all my presets.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I tried restoring factory presets, calibration, firmware update, you name it - no result. Very frustrating, this just happened out of the blue!!

Thanks for any suggestions..
------
james cecil

carbohydrate

Re: "Oscillators" Pot malfunctioning

Post by carbohydrate » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:07 am

I'm not sure it's actually the pot, maybe the way in which the synth is reading or controlling the value of osc 2.. The pot is not damaged in any way physically, something's just gone haywire inside.
------
james cecil

carbohydrate

Post by carbohydrate » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Damn, it's ALL the pots! My SP is screwed. Has this happened to anybody? Is there some kind of restore I can do or has something completely died.

Aaagh!! Do I trust touring with this thing any more??
------
james cecil

Mr Shave

Post by Mr Shave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Try turning the thing on for about 2 hours to let the temperatures stabalize, and then try doing a calibration... The manual says how to do this.

Also, make sure its grounded properly.

If those dont work, try doing a factory reset. I think this wipes out your presets and replaces them with the factory ones (I could be wrong), but its always a good idea to back up your presets before doing any reset anyway.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am

I agree with the above comment, this sounds like you've caused some issues ala a MIDI feedback loop. Disconnect all your MIDI connections, restart the SP, if it still seems to persist, you probably need to follow the factory reset steps.
www.ctrlshft.com

garry84

Post by garry84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 am

Try changing your oscillator pot, it might be the one that causes a problem and also do a calibration and observe if the problem still persist.