Moog engineers: WHERE is Phatty OS update?!?

Everything Phatty.
gee_flat

Re: Moog engineers: WHERE is Phatty OS update?!?

Post by gee_flat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

I find it interesting that the Moog camp isn't weighing in on this issue. Maybe they're too engrossed with something right now? <cough> new delay pedal <cough>

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 am

Hello Everyone,
First of all, we apologize for the delay in firmware updates. Moog is a very small company and projects sometimes take longer than expected due to unforeseen circumstances. We are listening to your requests and currently making changes to the way we do things in house to get you better updates faster in the future.

There is a lot of good news regarding firmware:

• Taurus 3 Firmware update is ready and will be available on the Moog site later today

• Minitaur firmware will have an update within the next 7-10 days.

• Phatty USB firmware update which fixes stuck-note issues experienced by some customers is complete. Currently its installer is only working on PC which is why there has been a delay in release. If you are a Phatty owner and would like the update now, please contact our support department and they will get you the Windows version immediately. We are currently working on the Mac installer.

• Phatty Poly Mode dropped notes have been a problem for some customers and not others. Focused work on a universal fix for this and related issues will begin July 1.

If you experience any issues, please contact our customer support.

Thank you again for your support of Moog,
Moog Music

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Awesome!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS!!! :D
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Oh, and I would be happy to help with beta testing, as I'm sure a number of other forum members would as well.
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 am

Brilliant. Thanks for the detailed reply!

gee_flat

Post by gee_flat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:11 am

So...the links for the Phatty AND Voyager editors are out-of-date, and the updated files are best served directly from Soundtower. And not a peep regarding the OS update (supposedly) forthcoming for the Phatty. Oh, and not that I own one, but where's that Minitaur OS update that was "7-10 days" away...??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tsk, tsk...what a sad state of affairs.

...on a brighter note, my Prophet '08 PE actually provides poly functionality straight out of the box as advertised - imagine that! (Yeah, yeah, VCO vs. DCO) My Voyager does make a beautiful MIDI controller with aftertouch for it, however. :roll:

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 am

Moog Music wrote: • Phatty USB firmware update which fixes stuck-note issues experienced by some customers is complete. Currently its installer is only working on PC which is why there has been a delay in release. If you are a Phatty owner and would like the update now, please contact our support department and they will get you the Windows version immediately. We are currently working on the Mac installer.
[...]

Thank you again for your support of Moog,
Moog Music
I hadn't seen that one, cool! Thanks you guys. "Mieux vaut tard que jamais".
gee_flat wrote:my Prophet '08 PE actually provides poly functionality straight out of the box as advertised :roll:
Is really the Prophet 08 is the best example ever? Oh no sorry, Prophet 08 PE: that one was perfect out of the box indeed hehe :lol:

Come on, I don't care, I'm a DSI guy as well as a Moog guy, no need to divide, no need for "camps", just need for amps 8)