Post your favorite factory preset!

Everything Phatty.
Kenneth

Post your favorite factory preset!

Post by Kenneth » Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 pm

So, in the past I've been known to do a lot of complaining about LCD menus and presets and the like. I want everyone to know that I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy, and while I do prefer knob per function control and an absence of menus, I think the sound designers for the Phatties did an amazing job and included some far out sounds on the Little/ Slim Phatty.

As far as versatility goes, my favorite preset on the LP Stage II is by far "That 70's Lead". It is a perfect starting point for me when sculpting a new sound, and it is a perfect resting place for me when I just want to jam something out. I think my version of it is probably not the same as it was out of the box with the amount of tweaking and saving I do on any given day. But the point is, it's an incrediblyuseful preset, and I thank Moog for including it on the Phatty!

I also appreciate the "That 70's Show" reference. One of my all time favorite TV shows. :D
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

Voltor07

Re: Post your favorite factory preset!

Post by Voltor07 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:28 am

I absolutely LOVE It Goes To 11. I used to like the Taurus sounds, but now that I have a Taurus, they don't have the power behind them that they used to. :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ricknboogie

Post by ricknboogie » Sun May 06, 2012 12:19 pm

TrippyMod is one of my fav's. not many of my presets have been left "as-is" from the factory, but that one is, and will always be.

vasago

Post by vasago » Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Moog Solo, and ElectroSaw.

I have bopth of mine altered slightly form the original but no real major changes. ElectroSaw seems to cut through mixes well, and personally I think it is better for bass than the minitaur by itself.
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

muksys

Post by muksys » Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Calibration. the "blank canvas" preset!

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Whats a preset?

No really, I agree with the Calibration as a starting point. But the Taurus bass sounds do the trick.

Voltor07, the Taurus presets don't compare to the Taurus? I can honestly say I prefer the LP stage II to a Rogue (isn't a Rogue what Taurus II is based on?), but I have not laid hands/ feet on a current Taurus.
-e

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:01 am

e3p0 wrote:Whats a preset?

No really, I agree with the Calibration as a starting point. But the Taurus bass sounds do the trick.

Voltor07, the Taurus presets don't compare to the Taurus? I can honestly say I prefer the LP stage II to a Rogue (isn't a Rogue what Taurus II is based on?), but I have not laid hands/ feet on a current Taurus.
-e
The Rogue/Taurus II was nowhere near as good as the original. Many folks were disappointed in the Taurus II. Get yourself a Taurus 3 and you'll find that the Taurus LP presets sound like a little girl in comparison. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Voltor07 Is there any chance you could use that new HD cam and shoot a quick vid comparing the Taurus to a LP? I have scoured the youtube and not seen anything. I did see a animoog vs LP on Taurus presets, and others. This would give you a chance to use the new cam.

Thanks!
-e

muksys

Post by muksys » Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 pm

e3p0 wrote:Voltor07 Is there any chance you could use that new HD cam and shoot a quick vid comparing the Taurus to a LP? I have scoured the youtube and not seen anything. I did see a animoog vs LP on Taurus presets, and others. This would give you a chance to use the new cam.

Thanks!
-e
You don't need a video. The Little Phatty sounds like: BOOM!. The T3/MT sounds like BOOM!

muksys

Post by muksys » Mon May 07, 2012 8:06 pm

ok ok, here's a video of the LP. And here's one of the T3/MT

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Nice. O.K. never mind then. The Taurus does sound "bigger"
-e

I kinda would like to hear the subtleties though.

muksys

Post by muksys » Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm

e3p0 wrote:Nice. O.K. never mind then. The Taurus does sound "bigger"
-e

I kinda would like to hear the subtleties though.
haha

yeah, I hear ya. I was gonna do a side by side with the MT and LP, just never got around to it.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Favorite: Thank you Bob!

Runners up:

Rhoobarb (not sure why)
FilterMod
Sonic Grove

I've got an Old School and can say that outside of the TY Bob patch, I'm not sure the others would be as easy to dial in or improve upon. Phatty is a great piece of gear.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

ddqarch

Post by ddqarch » Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Leslie Paul is awesome, and the most useful sound I have found for fitting in with a guitar-rock band. Also, good for when nobody is home and I can turn it up all the way... Adam Lead 1 has very nice tone as well. But I am new to synthesizers, so in a month I might give totally different answers...