Slim Phatty Locked All Patches The Same

Everything Phatty.
Fortran

Slim Phatty Locked All Patches The Same

Post by Fortran » Fri May 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi guys,

Having a bit of a weird problem, just recently purchased the Slim Phatty and from time to time when I turn on all patches (0-99) are the same name, sound, settings as the last patch I was using. Every single preset has gone and is replaced with 100 of the same sound with the same name. Also all the controls on the panel are locked out where the LED is static and no amount of turning the dials changes them. The only way to resolve this is to do a factory reset which then restores the original patches. Is making me quite nervous of beginning programming with this randomly happening.

Anybody experienced anything like this ? Have any idea of what could be done to prevent it ? Initially I thought this was a midi loop back problem (after reading the manual) but it appears to happen completely at random even when first turning on the unit, whether the unit is actually receiving or transmitting MIDI or not.

I upgraded the OS/Firmware to the latest version the very moment I got it so cannot say if the problem persisted before updating.

Thanks for any help.

Fortran

Re: Slim Phatty Locked All Patches The Same

Post by Fortran » Sat May 05, 2012 8:12 am

Ok I think you can ignore this, was my own failure to understand how the Slim handles itself when in Local Off mode, didn't realize the preset value encoder was also affected. Quite embarrassing lol.

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 am

Sounds strange.. Try to re-update it.
If it still acts weird, check with moog support.

Ebooker

Post by Ebooker » Sun May 13, 2012 2:06 am

Just got mine and within a couple of days I got this problem too. What worked for me was restoring factory presets. Its a bit like shooting yourself in the foot, but it works.