could a slim phatty's arp sync to a korg kpr-77

Everything Phatty.
cpaxton

could a slim phatty's arp sync to a korg kpr-77

Post by cpaxton » Tue May 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi all,

So this is my first post.. im new to the world of moog, cv and midi and its all making my head spin at the moment.

i am looking into buying a korg kpr-77 (http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/kpr77.php) drum machine. now, it says it has din sync... is that the same as cv? its not midi anyway right? like, is there a way of syncing the tempo of the slim phatty and said drum machine without any external (midi to cv/ din to cv) device?

what i would really really love to be able to do is play an arp on the slim, latch it... then kick in the drum machine and have a buzz with that, live!!!!
any help on this would be greatly appreciated... i have gone through the slim's manual... its not that im lazy... its just i havent found an answer that i can (no pun intended) latch onto :)

cheers
c

Rabalder

Re: could a slim phatty's arp sync to a korg kpr-77

Post by Rabalder » Sun May 06, 2012 6:37 am

cpaxton wrote:din sync... is that the same as cv?
Midi is digital. CV is analog. To convert one to the other, you need an external converter.
Midi can be sent via DIN(stand-alone) and USB(computer). Both are standard midi, just different methods of sending it.(google is your friend..)