The Bernie Worrell Phatty?

Everything Phatty.
EMwhite

The Bernie Worrell Phatty?

Post by EMwhite » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 am

What's better than that? Moog should sell those as a special signature editions!

If you haven't seen it, have a look here: http://www.moogmusic.com/news/bernie-wo ... y-birthday and you'll see Jason from Moog's markenting & artist relations presenting Bernie with an awesome looking purple Phatty.

If you've been living under a rock and don't know who Bernie is, there's plenty on YouTube to watch; but I will draw your attention to one particular segment of the Moog Movie that is absolutely hilarious; one scene has Rick Wakeman, Bernie and Bob Moog backstage talking about the role of the Minimoog. And he shows up on a few of the Moogfest DVDs.

I met Bernie at a Victor Wooten clinic in Edison, New Jersey. Victor was talking about two great keyboard players that were in the 'house', one was his keyboard player Steve Weingart (they had just come down from playing a free concert in Brooklyn's BAM series @ Metrotech) and the other was Bernie himself. They guilted him into play a little bit with Victor and Derico Watson; I guess it was my only brush with greatness, a nicer guy you will not meet.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Sir Nose

Re: The Bernie Worrell Phatty?

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 am

Bad ass. Maybe he will use that instead of the Mopho in his stripped down easy to transport rig.

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 am

That's the slickest LP I've seen yet.
New album available!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chriscarver

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Awesome!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:50 pm

IT'S PURPLE! :shock: Awesome Little Phatty is awesome! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

gruvsyco

Post by gruvsyco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:40 am

That color is dope. I think it would have been classier with wood sides though.

When I saw Colonel Claypools Bucket of Bernie Brains a few years back, Bernie was walking around outside the venue before the show started. He would stop to chat for a minute, shake hands, whatever. Very cool cat.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue May 01, 2012 12:34 am

Moog will do all sorts of awesome custom work for ya if you get in touch with them and have the cash to make it happen. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:32 am

CTRLSHFT wrote:Moog will do all sorts of awesome custom work for ya if you get in touch with them and have the cash to make it happen. :)
Yup. Dunno if they charge more for labor now, but custom work was done at $80 per hour last time I had custom work done. Not including parts, mind you. I'm not sure if prices have gone up, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue May 01, 2012 5:18 am

Voltor07 wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote:Moog will do all sorts of awesome custom work for ya if you get in touch with them and have the cash to make it happen. :)
Yup. Dunno if they charge more for labor now, but custom work was done at $80 per hour last time I had custom work done. Not including parts, mind you. I'm not sure if prices have gone up, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have.
Last I heard when I was getting a LED mod for the SP priced it was the same. All in all they can do lots of cool stuff for fairly reasonable sums, but for wackier custom mods it's probably going to be cost prohibitive. I think for what they did on this LP it's just anodizing, so it'd be easy to do. The Blue LEDs would add a lil more on too, but all in all I doubt it'd really be that tough to accomplish. Depends on how time consuming it is for them to do annodization for just a single unit versus a normal batch.
www.ctrlshft.com