Little Phatty, MIDI with FL Studio, pan pot!

Everything Phatty.
Diablos22

Little Phatty, MIDI with FL Studio, pan pot!

Post by Diablos22 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi guys,
So after getting my phatty working nicely, the only problem I now get is when sending MIDI notes from FL Studio to the Phatty (through MIDI not USB that is.). As seems to be the case with Logic as well I believe, the pan pot on the step sequencer in FL gets mapped to the OSC 2 FREQ knob on the Phatty which is 'effing frustrating TBH. Does anyone know how to either change the pan pot CC in FL Studio, sure this must be possible but searching the web havent come up with much so far, or is there a workaround for this that anyone knows?
Thanks
Andy

puzzlegob

Re: Little Phatty, MIDI with FL Studio, pan pot!

Post by puzzlegob » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 pm

i'm not sure that you can edit the CC of the pan knob, but why adjust it in the first place? the phatty has a monophonic output.
if you want to automate the position of the phatty in the mix, you could automate the pan on it's mixer channel, that shouldn't send any MIDI CC's back to the Phatty.

Diablos22

Post by Diablos22 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I think you mis-understood me. What I mean is everytime I send MIDI (notes for example) to the Phatty from FL, it also automatically adjusts the OSC 2 FREQ everytime to dead center, which is the setting of the pan nob in FL. And adjusting the pan nob in real time in FL also adjusts the OSC 2 FREQ in real time on the phatty.....if that all makes sense :D

puzzlegob

Post by puzzlegob » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Diablos22 wrote:Thanks for the reply, but I think you mis-understood me. What I mean is everytime I send MIDI (notes for example) to the Phatty from FL, it also automatically adjusts the OSC 2 FREQ everytime to dead center, which is the setting of the pan nob in FL. And adjusting the pan nob in real time in FL also adjusts the OSC 2 FREQ in real time on the phatty.....if that all makes sense :D
Ah, I see! Sorry about the misunderstanding!

Does it do this if you program from the Piano Roll?

I've only had my Slim Phatty for a week, and I've been using it with FL Studio, and haven't encountered this. I guess the step sequencer is sending note, velocity & pan MIDI CC's for every note you program in. I've been using the piano roll to write sequences, and FL Studio isn't sending any unwanted MIDI data to my SP. I know this because I've been using a patch with osc-sync, and I'd notice if oscillator 2 was being reset every note.

I have the SP and FL Studio setup to send and receive MIDI, so that I can record automations from the SP, edit them in FL Studio and play them back to the SP. (Using a MIDI OUT channel in FL Studio, with the virtual knobs assigned to send from channel 1 and receive from channel 2)

brianmb

Post by brianmb » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 am

hey, im having trouble sending midi from pro tools to my sp, works fine when im using my controller into sp's midi in but when im trying to send already printed midi it doesnt want to read it at all, am I missing something here like adjusting the channels its being send to?

lookinginstereo

Post by lookinginstereo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:57 pm

I have this same problem! I didn't realize it was pan setting, I couldn't figure out why the osc2 frequency kept centering. Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

cmuresan

Post by cmuresan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:06 pm

same problem...has any1 figured out...
or...even better... is there some1 willing to share a CC table of values for controlling SP remotely through midi(usb)...

the best possible answer would be
1.settings on SP
+
2.CC table

thank you

(LE__I know the table in the manual .p.55...but here is the correlation with FLS we talking about...thanks again)