LP originality

Everything Phatty.
moogslob

LP originality

Post by moogslob » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Heya LPers- I played a ton of shows and recorded a ton of material with my LP over the past 3 years- I somewhat recently sold it (and a Rogue) to help finance a Voyager Old School- I mistakenly assumed I'd have all my LP attributes I'd come to dig, plus complete control, etc, with the OS- Don't get me wrong, I love the OS and am getting very comfortable with it- But, my point is, the LP is very much its own animal, and I wish I would've kept it! The overdrive, both osc octave switching, LFO modulation options, etc, and TONE on the LP puts it in its own wonderful realm-
So, my point is, don't think as I did, that you're dealing with a lesser synth than the Voyager, and if you're itching for a Voyager, keep your LP and sell something ELSE!
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

BravoAlphaLima

Re: LP originality

Post by BravoAlphaLima » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:46 am

Ha!

I miss mine too... Great advice, SELL SOMETHING ELSE!
Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Little Phatty, Nord C2, Rhodes Mk 5, Memotron, Hammond XK3C, Hammond M3, Leslie 760 & 860, Fender Deluxe Reverb.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:21 am

Good to read that,in a way.

I was not about to sell mine to fund a Voyager but this was a possible horizon. Rather install the CV-out option soon, right? ;)

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:29 am

+1. The Voyager is a wonderful instrument but personally I went for the LP even though I could have afforded either. For me one of the biggest selling points was ergonomic -- I really like the visual feedback of the LED rings around the knobs, enough that it counterbalanced the smaller number of controls. Also, the LP does have its own sound which isn't better or worse, but is different enough that someone might easily prefer it. Although I'll also say that if I didn't have a CP-251 or an MP-201 or something else to add a bit more modulation I'd probably find the LP too limiting -- I just about always have at least one other thing plugged into the CV ins.

praxisaxis

Post by praxisaxis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:53 am

So, my point is, don't think as I did, that you're dealing with a lesser synth than the Voyager, and if you're itching for a Voyager, keep your LP and sell something ELSE!
Yah I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way. The Voyager is great but it by no means replaces the phatty. Don't despair though - you might want to look into various external hardware options to enhance the sound of the Voyager in various ways - opens up a whole new realm. There are threads about that in the Voyager forum - pedals and such.