Slim Phatty - Serious Tuning Problems

Everything Phatty.
djchesh

Slim Phatty - Serious Tuning Problems

Post by djchesh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi
Ive had a SP for about 6 months now and have been having a lot of tuning problems.
Ive read the posts that other people have made about similar issues and have installed the latest firmware, run the calibration tool (after letting it warm up) many times, and have set the autotune to on.
Ive also tried tuning by running it through Guitar Rig and using the tuner on there, and that works fine for one note but as I play further away from the "tuned note" the pitch goes out a couple more cents by every semitone.
Its extremely frustrating as I really love the sound of it but am struggling to use it cause of all these tuning issues.
Is it possible I have a faulty unit? and are there any more possible resolutions that I can try before asking the dealer to swap my unit?

HowardJones

Re: Slim Phatty - Serious Tuning Problems

Post by HowardJones » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Lodge a service call about it. I had a similar problem with one of my SPs, it just wouldn't keep calibration and could be out quite severely (25 cents or more) as I progressed over an octave. Amos & Co worked out that it was a simple repair - which fixed the problem perfectly, and now it keeps its tuning solid.
Two Slim Phatties 313 and 354- DSI Tetra - DotCom System - Korg Poly 800 - Yamaha DX27 & RS7000 + Matching Moog Pocket Protectors

Barely

Re: Slim Phatty - Serious Tuning Problems

Post by Barely » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:06 am

djchesh wrote:Hi
Ive had a SP for about 6 months now and have been having a lot of tuning problems.
Ive read the posts that other people have made about similar issues and have installed the latest firmware, run the calibration tool (after letting it warm up) many times, and have set the autotune to on.
Ive also tried tuning by running it through Guitar Rig and using the tuner on there, and that works fine for one note but as I play further away from the "tuned note" the pitch goes out a couple more cents by every semitone.
Its extremely frustrating as I really love the sound of it but am struggling to use it cause of all these tuning issues.
Is it possible I have a faulty unit? and are there any more possible resolutions that I can try before asking the dealer to swap my unit?
Hi there ;)
I had similar problems with my LP - a factory reset after successful calibration cleaned that up for me.
The reset is hidden somewhere in the menu, you will find it.
Please remember to save all your presets first, as they will be overwritten with the factory presets ;)

Cheers,
Barely.