Do I have to pay for the firmware update?

Everything Phatty.
namahshaman

Do I have to pay for the firmware update?

Post by namahshaman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:22 pm

I've noticed some issues with tuning, even after running the calibration setting, and I read on here that a firmware update may solve the issue. Then I went over to moogmusic.com and apparently it's $99? Is this right? I feel like paying $800 for a synth that I've had less than a year should buy me a few updates as well, no. I figured I would come on here and ask before I dropped a hundred bucks on something that may or may not solve the problem. I've also seen on here that the Phatty may take up to an hour to get in tune, is this normal (this may be a silly question, but this is my first true analog synth)? If so, how do people prepare for live performances? Not every venue will allow you to set up and take power for an hour before you go on. I realize that there must be a solution because I see people using moogs in live settings quite frequently. Is the other alternative to tune it manually for every show? I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I'm really just curious.

Thanks everyone.

mhuxtable

Re: Do I have to pay for the firmware update?

Post by mhuxtable » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 pm

I updated my LP, no charge. Just download the updates.

Sigue Sigue Huil

Post by Sigue Sigue Huil » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:57 am

The $99 dollar charge is just if the moog engineers do the firmware update for you.

It is easy to do yourself and the files and instructions are available on the site for you to download, is really easy and the free option.

killasmuv

Post by killasmuv » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 am

the firmware update is 100% free. download it and make sure your midi gear has the latest drivers. there should be no issues in the upgrade.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 am

Sweet. Thanks a lot, everyone. I may feel a little silly now, but I'm glad you all shared this information with me before I went and spent money I didn't need to spend. I'm obviously new to the forum (and even slightly new to Moog, at least compared to most of you, ha), and I really appreciate how friendly and helpful everyone has been thus far. I love Moog and I love all of you. Happy tweaking.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Anyone play their Moog in a live situation? How do you give it enough time to warm up before you perform?

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:21 pm

ive never had mine take more than 10 minutes to get stable.