What would you do with an Elektron Octatrack and your LP/SP?

Everything Phatty.
mico

What would you do with an Elektron Octatrack and your LP/SP?

Post by mico » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 am

I'm curious to hear what some people would do with an Octatrack or have done with an Octatrack (and particularly dug). My personal inquiry in this being that my LP has the CV Out modification and I also have at my disposal what's abbreviated in my signature.

Thanks to anyone who obliges to participating. I recently saw a video of in this sub forum (LP/SP) of a Monomachine controlling a LP's parameters with 9 LFOs and I'm particularly curious if it is possible to rig something like this with the OT with it's parameter locks?
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

stiiiiiiive

Re: What would you do with an Elektron Octatrack and your LP

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:55 pm

I guess the sequencer of the Octatrack is at least as capable as the Monomachine's or MachineDrum's.

Regarding the CV Out option and the MoogerFroogers, I remember seeing the CV Out promo vids where some nice combinations were showed off. You might be intersted in finding them on the Moog website or youtube.
Last edited by stiiiiiiive on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mico

Post by mico » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:I guess the sequencer of the Octatrack is at least as capable of the Monomachine's or MachineDrum's.

Regarding the CV Out option and the MoogerFroogers, I remember seeing the CV Out promo vids where some nice combinations were showed off. You might be intersted in finding them on the Moog website or youtube.
Yes, I've seen Chris Stack's and Moog's video on the LP/SP CV Out and Moogerfooger combination and ideas. All very good as well.

As far as the OT goes, I guess I was wondering to hear how people would use the LFO Designer and parameter locks; not so much being interested in basic operation.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:37 pm

You may be interested in asking this to great people on elektron-users.com, if not done yet. :)

ikkini

Post by ikkini » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

You have access to 3 LFOs per MIDI track, you can assign them to Midi CCs, so you don't need any CV to control all the parameters of the LP ! You can also parameter lock CCs if three LFOs per track are not enough !