Osc pot unstable

Everything Phatty.
ZenHead

Osc pot unstable

Post by ZenHead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:15 pm

The osc pot on my Little Phatty fluctuates here are the symptoms.
When the led is set to twelve o'clock, it will become unstable and trend in the cc direction. When I turn to full range in both directions and set it to full deflection in the cw direction, the led will max out with about twenty degrees yet to turn. In the cc direction and at full deflection, the Little Phatty has three LEDs yet to go.

Right now I have three options: send it back to the factory, download the Firmware, or slave the know to some function that any unstable behavor would not be noticed.

I need advice at this time. I'm hoping it's as simple as downloading and using the Firmware.

Sore_Knee

Re: Osc pot unstable

Post by Sore_Knee » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 am

if you search around the forum, you might find it an symptom others have had when there is a grounding issue with your setup.

unplug everything except the power from your Phatty. does it still do it?

jeepo

Re: Osc pot unstable

Post by jeepo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:37 pm

I have experienced grounding issues with my little phatty. The first thing to try is unplugging the audio output to see if the led stops moving. Ground problems seem to be common when the phatty is plugged into a different power source than the amplifier or mixer. A possible work around if the ground problem can't be resolved is turning the analogue mode to PASS-THRU instead of TRACKING. Changing the analogue mode helps make the phatty playable, but if you are using it as a midi controller it may still send unwanted midi data.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff