Phatty Tuner C-change, avoidable?

Everything Phatty.
narrowcaster

Phatty Tuner C-change, avoidable?

Post by narrowcaster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just updated my LP Stage and started playing around with the Phatty Tuner software. I notice that whenever I create a new scale, use "save as," and then later load the saved version, it has changed the lowest C to be 1.0 cents above normal, i.e., 1.000 shows in the "cents from root" column for the root note itself! But of course it's greyed out and can't be changed. Does anyone know why it does this, or if I can avoid it? When I first save the scale, the entry for that note is 0.000 as you'd expect but it somehow gets changed during the save and can't be changed back. Also, I've looked at the .scl file with a text editor and I can't see what would be doing it -- the data in that file records no value for the root note, just for the others. Any insight would be great, thanks...

Amos

Re: Phatty Tuner C-change, avoidable?

Post by Amos » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 pm

I'll ask the programmer. I wonder if it's not just a display error in the GUI, though - that is, it's possible there's no actual change to the root note tuning in practice.
I don't actually know, however...

narrowcaster

Re: Phatty Tuner C-change, avoidable?

Post by narrowcaster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 pm

OK, thanks for looking into it and I look forward to hearing what you find.

For now I've got a workaround -- it turns out I can directly enter scales by editing the .dat file, and that way they all load properly and where I want them when the software starts. Eventually I might run out of spots though, so I could still use some info about the original question when it's available.