let's drink to the hard working people, Amos

Everything Phatty.
christopher1966

let's drink to the hard working people, Amos

Post by christopher1966 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:10 am

Hi guys
do you realise that Amos works nights and days for us???
do you know how his job is difficult and when you play do you think he's here all the time when we need him.
I have some synthesizers from others enterprises and i can tell you that it's not so easy when i have a bug or a technical problem, i'm sure you know that.
So i have an idea and of course i start the first:
for everybody who's ok, i think we can send a gift from our country to AMOS and the MOOG staff.
So, Amos be ready to cook pancakes, you'll receive Maple syrup from Quebec, Canada.
Enjoy
christopher :)
maple syrup and pancakes.jpg

Johnny_Cradle

Re: let's drink to the hard working people, Amos

Post by Johnny_Cradle » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 am

I'll send a shout out to the Moog team and Amos from Johannesburg by pressing the lowest note on patch "LAMBSBREAD". Of course we know you can't hear this note but I think they'll all feel it. Here we go: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PATCH#05))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :evil:
http://www.johnnycradle.com/ | Little Phatty SII | Fender Rhodes 88

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Indeed - Analog synths are like the rest of the real world, you seldom get perfect, but you have a lot of fun along the way.
Despite the amount of bitching I do online, I spend hours and hours being happy with music, and the Moog gear is a big
part of that. Just got my LP back from repair with the CV mods, and I'm even happier.
Thanks bunches Amos, and company.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey Chris1966, did you make those pancakes for Amos? If so, really nice job. Having all that maple syrup at your disposal really hones the pancake skills. It's the oil of the north. Here in the states, we pay something like $20 for a good miniature jug of maple syrup.

But seriously, Amos is da' man. He eats, drinks and um ... yunno... synth. He reminds me of me when I was a young teenager, up until 4am in the morning programming assembler on my 6502 based home computer. The next day I was too tired to go to school. But in Amos's case, he isn't too tired to ride his unicycle down the hill to Moog and put in another 12 hr. shift in, he does it. (ok, I made up the part about the unicycle).

But cheers to you. And I'm with Christopher here... no other synth maker in the world allows/encourages their development and product staff to do this. The closest I've ever seen was when Korg made the 2.0 software for the Radias, but I think that was a rarity and likely due to the upcoming M3.

Keep up the good stuff.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

nikola

Post by nikola » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 am

amos can't work as much as i can drink :lol:
was i pushed or did i fall ?

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 am

nikola wrote:amos can't work as much as i can drink :lol:
I have been working on code for the past 18 hours, pretty much nonstop... if I was drinking I would definitely be under the table by now. :)