vx351 pitch cv out to slim phatty pitch in tuning issues

Everything Phatty.
EMwhite

Re: vx351 pitch cv out to slim phatty pitch in tuning issues

Post by EMwhite » Tue May 24, 2011 6:52 am

Just had a look at the other thread (MF forum) and saw the pic of your patch panel overlay. Very fancy! But noticed you have volume CV in the same module ad Gate. Shouldn't be a problem but do double check the thru vs half normal confit. If you inadvertently tied the two grounds together, you would certainly would get false firing of Gate. If all looks right and you are positive your cables are good, take a meter to the patch bay to be sure there is no short or common ground.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

seank

Re: vx351 pitch cv out to slim phatty pitch in tuning issues

Post by seank » Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 am

no dice. i can't get the gate to close when there is no jack inserted. neither normalled or isolated configurations work. i can get the gate to close if i use a resistor on the patchbay pcb, but then it doesn't allow the gate to open when an actual gate signal is connected to the input.

i've tried it with the volume cv connected and disconnected. still no luck. also tried various resistor values from 1k to 100k.

here's the patchbay i'm using:

http://www.neutrik.com/fl/en/audio/210_460038209/NYS-SPP-L1_detail.aspx