Gigging with the Slim Phatty

Everything Phatty.
phatmann

Gigging with the Slim Phatty

Post by phatmann » Sun May 08, 2011 9:00 am

Hey all, I am very glad to find this forum. I just got my Slim Phatty and I am loving it. Now it needs to go to its first gig. Some questions:
  • I'd like to buy a nice little gig bag for it. Any ideas? Moog has their multi-purpose bag, which might work but is definitely not ideal.
  • I did not get the wood panels for it. Seems to me these are purely for looks, as the built-in rubber feet make the SP ready for table-top use. Am I missing something?
  • The SP fits perfectly on top of my Hammond XK-3c organ. Even though the organ is tilted slightly, the rubber feet on the SP are so sticky that it does not slide at all on the organ's wood top. However, I would feel slightly better if the SP were secured somehow. My plan is to get 2 strips of sheet metal or thin wood about 4 1/2" long, and screw each of them into the sides of the SP with a thumbscrew and plastic washers. When rotated out, they would extend past the back of the organ, which would prevent the SP from sliding down. They would fold out of the way when transporting the SP. Anyone have any other ideas about getting an SP to sit securely on a keyboard top?
..tony..

ark

Re: Gigging with the Slim Phatty

Post by ark » Sat May 14, 2011 1:56 pm

The multi-purpose gig bag is way too big for the Slim Phatty. It's the size of a medium-sized picnic cooler.

ark

Post by ark » Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 am

I am told that the theremin bag fits the Slim Phatty perfectly.

phatmann

Post by phatmann » Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Ah, I wondered about the theremin bag! That might be just the ticket. Thanks.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue May 17, 2011 7:45 am

My personal feeling is hard shell cases for all synths when gigging. But, if you are traveling by foot or mass transit, I understand the need for a bag. A used case won't cost much more than a new bag.