New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Everything Phatty.
mesa

Re: New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Post by mesa » Fri May 13, 2011 9:56 am

Amos wrote:
mesa wrote:updated the Slim Phatty with OS 3.1 build 655 and every think seems good but just noticed this:

was just making a patch using the CA CALIBRATION made the sound was happy with it, so was just tweekin some bits in ADVANCE PRESET an noticed PW would only go up starting from 0 ,+2,+3,+4,+5,+7,+12 so its missing +1 +6 +8,+9,+10,+11 and its the same go down
That's normal; those have always been the available pitch bend amounts.

I may make some changes to Pitch Bend in a future update... main reason would be to add +/- 2 octaves for guitar-synth players. I'm afraid that can't make it into the current release but it's on my list.
First time I've noticed it, I have'nt had it long HA!
Moog Slim phatty, Moog Sub 37, Moog Minataur, Dave Smith Tetra, Win10 64bit, Ableton Live 9.6, Ableton Push, Focusrite Scarlet 6I6, Arturia Beatstep Pro.

widdershins

Post by widdershins » Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 am

I just wanted to add to the thread a huge THANKS. This update has really brought my Phatty to life. Volume velocity alone has made this synth 10x better, and when taken with legato glide, LFO retrigger etc. it's like Christmas has come early. My Phatty is going to be seeing a LOT more use from now on! :D

spin

Post by spin » Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 pm

hi all!

very happy to see the new firmware! thanks amos!! :D

question: i want to update little phatty 2.1 and a slim phatty 3.0. what files i have to download? (because i have seen some updates between posts)

thanks in advance!

Sore_Knee

Post by Sore_Knee » Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Amos wrote:You are correct, there IS no global setting for clock div!

After discussing this with a few people, I may change it to be more like the clock source (a global which you can override per preset if you like).
As it is, clock div used to reside only on the Advanced Preset->Arpeggiator menu, but I added the ability to adjust this same (per preset) parameter from the global menu purely for convenience. If there was an actual global value, though, it might be still more convenient. :)

For now though, you have it right - the clock div setting is purely per preset, you just have the ability to modify it from the global menu because it's slightly quicker to access from there.
A global setting would offer the most flexibilty, though now i recon if i didn't notice the global option for clock-div, everyone would have been happy if it were just a preset parameter in ignorance and to save confusion... the option for the global clock source is the important thing IMO.

and IMO. Moog and Amos are offering the best product support for any(thing to this point i can remember in my life except anything built by myself or by my father) appliance i have ever owned...

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi all -

Lots of progress today, I'll be posting a full round of new updates in a bit.

- Fixed the bug in the new poly mode, I think it's 100% now
- added lots of new clock divisions for LFO and Arp sync, 22 in all I think (was 15 before);
not only did I add all the triplet values but also extended the longest value up to 4 bars. :)
- added GATE LENGTH parameter for arpeggiator... um.. still working on that one now, it's not quite there yet
- added GLOBAL Arp clock divisions; preset can be set to follow the Global value or to have its own value (like clock sync).

Stay tuned! 8)

Sore_Knee

Post by Sore_Knee » Fri May 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Amos wrote:Stay tuned! 8)
i think i forgot to put the word "awesome" in my last response.

spin

Post by spin » Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm

sry i am a little bit retarded xD

i have updated little phatty stage II to 3.1 653. Now i am trying to update to 3.1 655 but i am missing something...when i load hex file on bootloader and send it to little phatty nothing happens. I have seen that in system utilities menu there isn't any more the rx firmare menu, is this normal? how i can get lp to receive a firmware?

thx for any help! :mrgreen:

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 13, 2011 5:59 pm

To update firmware on a unit that is already running OS 3.x:

1) be sure you're all set to do the update, because the next step will erase the current firmware.
2) turn off the unit, turn it back on while holding down the MASTER button. Press PRESET to confirm update.

that's it... then the display should show: "Erasing Flash... Checking for USB Module... Please Send Firmware."

oh wait -

3) then open the PhattyLoader program, go to File menu and open the most recent update hex file. Then click Update Firmware to send.

spin

Post by spin » Fri May 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Amos wrote: To update firmware on a unit that is already running OS 3.x:

1) be sure you're all set to do the update, because the next step will erase the current firmware.
2) turn off the unit, turn it back on while holding down the MASTER button. Press PRESET to confirm update.

that's it... then the display should show: "Erasing Flash... Checking for USB Module... Please Send Firmware."

oh wait -

3) then open the PhattyLoader program, go to File menu and open the most recent update hex file. Then click Update Firmware to send.
great! thank you so much! :D

Johnny Rāšā

Post by Johnny Rāšā » Fri May 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi, i'm on linux (ubuntu), how do i update my slim phatty?? does the phatty loader work with wine?
thank you

spin

Post by spin » Fri May 13, 2011 6:16 pm

mm tuning scale in advanced preset didn't work for me....i have tried with global scale = equal temp and calibration preset scale = 9 (husseini) but nothing is changed. It works only when i change scale from global tuning scale. Hope this help!
cheers :mrgreen:

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm

spin wrote:mm tuning scale in advanced preset didn't work for me....i have tried with global scale = equal temp and calibration preset scale = 9 (husseini) but nothing is changed. It works only when i change scale from global tuning scale. Hope this help!
cheers :mrgreen:
Just fixed this. Excellent catch -- thanks! :)

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 13, 2011 7:44 pm

OK, I need to quit working for the weekend. Should have gone home a couple hours ago. :)

I had to stay long enough to give you this update:

OS 3.1 build 656 for TRIBUTE EDITION
OS 3.1 build 656 for STAGE/STAGE II EDITIONS
OS 3.1 build 656 for SLIM PHATTY

Again, these are hex files only, so you'll need to already have OS 3.x on your Phatty, and use PhattyLoader (+power on synth with Master button held down) to install.

As mentioned in previous messages, this update contains:

- many more LFO and Arpeggiator clock sync divisions
- arpeggiator Gate Length options (this may still need some work, but seems to basically work correctly)
- fixed & working round-robin Poly note mode
- a few little bug fixes, like per-preset vs global tuning scale working correctly
- global Arp Clock Division (with per-preset defaulting to Global but having its own setting as well).

Enjoy,

Amos

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Fri May 13, 2011 10:33 pm

... a fascinating process, really. Enjoy the weekend.

gabestigmatic

Post by gabestigmatic » Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 am

Amos wrote:
mesa wrote:updated the Slim Phatty with OS 3.1 build 655 and every think seems good but just noticed this:

was just making a patch using the CA CALIBRATION made the sound was happy with it, so was just tweekin some bits in ADVANCE PRESET an noticed PW would only go up starting from 0 ,+2,+3,+4,+5,+7,+12 so its missing +1 +6 +8,+9,+10,+11 and its the same go down
That's normal; those have always been the available pitch bend amounts.

I may make some changes to Pitch Bend in a future update... main reason would be to add +/- 2 octaves for guitar-synth players. I'm afraid that can't make it into the current release but it's on my list.
Aw, I was crossing my fingers for this one. Oh well, at least you've got it in mind. :)