LP OS3?

Everything Phatty.
Amos

Re: LP OS3?

Post by Amos » Tue May 03, 2011 9:00 pm

fixed the Mac link --

and...

here are the files for Slim! Enjoy the new features. Tell me if you have any problems at all.

Windows update for Slim Phatty:
http://seamslikereality.com/moog/Slim_P ... A2_WIN.zip

Mac update for Slim Phatty:
http://seamslikereality.com/moog/Slim_P ... A2_MAC.zip

Cheers :)

Edit: for those of you who clicked straight to Page 5 of this thread, below are the v3 udpates for Little Phatty Stage/ Stage II.
Again, this is a beta, update at your own risk, read the instructions carefully, etc...
Windows version:
http://seamslikereality.com/moog/LP_Sta ... A2_WIN.zip
Mac version:
http://seamslikereality.com/moog/LP_Sta ... A2_MAC.zip

Tribute Edition: I'm having a Tribute-only bug with stuck notes from the keyboard.
Others: please let me know if you have any stuck note issues with the new firmware. So far I've not seen this on Stage or Slim, only the Tribute. I'll be looking into this very closely tomorrow... wish me luck :)
Last edited by Amos on Wed May 04, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slingo

Post by slingo » Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 pm

This update is insane!

2 possible bugs I've run across so far (I'm on a Stage 1)...

1) the tuning for the 2nd oscillator is flat now for all the presets (The typical 12 o'clock frequency on Osc 2 now needs to be pushed over to around 2 o'clock to get osc 1 + 2 to be together.

2) I'm incapable to properly tuning the phatty now... it seems flat no matter how far I push the fine tune.

Other than these minor bugs (which might be something stupid on my end), the LFO reset, Velocity Sensitivity and Arp changes are HUGE...

jgirv

OS3 up and running

Post by jgirv » Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 pm

...11:20 PM.... did the OS upgrade with ease, no obvious ill effects. I'll have to try it out. I did check out the master menus, and I can see lots of the new stuff there. Most interesting, indeed.

(LP Stage II, going from the latest OS 2 to Amos' OS 3, via USB, Windows 7)

...and they say Christmas only comes once a year..... thanks! --- jgirv

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Tue May 03, 2011 11:25 pm

(for slingo)

hey, did you go in and set the tuning back to AUTO? it seems that both the last update and this new one put the tuning mode out of AUTO.

...just a thought. Maybe the tuning mode needs to be not AUTO for the alternate scales/tuning to work? Easy enought to set it back, if that's the case.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue May 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Slingo,

I think I know what it is with the tuning.. I'll check; I may have set it to reload the default tuning values.
You should run the calibration routines; a full tuning and it should sound right again.
start with pitch wheel calibration (move the wheel to min, to max, let go; press Enter to save)
then do note calibration, then the other two (pw amount, osc2 freq)
allow synth to warm up for a good 30-60 minutes before note calibration; the calibration may take another 30-60 minutes or so...
the remaining calibrations take seconds/minutes.

if any calibration issues let me know. I left two units calibrating at work tonight; I will check them in the morning.

-Amos

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 am

... I had the same tuning issues... will try the suggested calibration routines... seems logical!

...I'll post results in the morning, thanks!

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed May 04, 2011 2:16 am

Amos wrote: Tribute Edition: I'm having a Tribute-only bug with stuck notes from the keyboard.
Others: please let me know if you have any stuck note issues with the new firmware. So far I've not seen this on Stage or Slim, only the Tribute. I'll be looking into this very closely tomorrow... wish me luck :)
good luck ! :D

ketsut

Post by ketsut » Wed May 04, 2011 3:00 am

H U Z Z A H ! !

Big thanks Amos! Will give this a spin after tonight's rehearsals..
Very happy! Finally, I can make my LP go "big gulp" 8)

Cheers

nikola

Post by nikola » Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 am

everything went fine on Tascam FW 1884 :)

yes, tuning is gone also, im calibrating LP in the moment, ill post the results later.

New futures are totally useful!

Thanks Amos, you are Great Coder ;)
was i pushed or did i fall ?

nikola

Post by nikola » Wed May 04, 2011 7:44 am

Calibrating LP works, 2osc in tune now :)

kamilof

Post by kamilof » Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 am

Amos, encountered problems running POLYPHONY mode with STAGEII and SLIM (both running 3.1)

- Sometimes both synths play at the same time instead of the round-robin
- ARP goes mute after a second note is pressed.

Kami.

jgirv

arp latch?

Post by jgirv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:28 am

.... my tuning is now perfect also.

... is the arp latch function changed/relocated? I can't seem to find it! thx

jgirv

arp info

Post by jgirv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:45 am

.... i realized i could look at the Slim Phatty manual addendum and get arp info. But it doesn't mention latch. I don't see it in the Arp menu as it was before. thx

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 am

er, that's a slight problem I think... I may need to post an update (to the update) today.

There used to be two additional parameters on the Arp menu:

Enable and Latch. Latch on this menu really meant "Latch Enable" - if it was turned off,
then it was impossible to turn on Arp Latch. If it was on, then you could press Enter while the arp was running to engage Latch.

This was an early mistake (enough years ago that I can't take full credit) :)
Really, you should ALWAYS be able to turn on the arp and latch, for any preset. I think it's foolish to have a Disable feature for this.

First of all, does anyone disagree? Let me know.

Second, I think it's possible I may not have COMPLETELY removed the "latch enable" logic, so I need to look carefully and make sure that you really can latch the arp for a preset that formerly did not have Latch "enabled." since I removed the menu which allowed one to Enable it!

nikola

Post by nikola » Wed May 04, 2011 9:42 am

Yeah, no need for latch menu, you press enter if you want it, if not, you dont press anything (there is a little chance for Enter button to be pressed by a ghost) :)